Tebow wants to play baseball

Is this a good move?

• Total voters

Prime Ang

Kang
Banned
Reaction score
My opinion : LOL, because playing pro baseball is just so easy to right? I like Tebow, but it's just disrespectful. You're 29 years old, if you can even put your jock strap on right, someones going to sign you to put butts in seats, and you're going to take some 20-23 year old kids spot because you just need to be in the lime light.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tim-tebow-pursue-career-professional-baseball

'
"Obviously we support Tim in his pursuit of a baseball career, as we have in all his ventures," said Sexton, Tebow's football agent, who is now working with CAA baseball agent Brodie Van Wagenen.

"Tim's athletic ability, his work ethic, his leadership and his competitiveness were evident in football and will show in baseball. Knowing Tim's passion and desire, we won't be surprised by anything he accomplishes."

Tebow -- who turns 29 on Sunday -- has notified his current employer, ESPN, of his desire to chase a baseball career, but he will continue to fulfill his broadcast obligations to the network.

All 30 MLB teams will be invited to Tebow's workout at the end of the month, an event he has been preparing for over the past year. Those who have seen Tebow hit have been surprised he picked up the sport so quickly after not playing it since high school.

But football coaches had been aware of Tebow's baseball prowess. One of Urban Meyer's first encounters with Tebow was on the baseball field, and college coaches knew of the quarterback's interest and talents in baseball.

Now, with Tebow's football career stalled, he has decided to pursue another one of the sports he excelled at in high school."

Tebow is right about besibol being pretty damn easy

Tebow is right about besibol being pretty damn easy
It's easy to make your little league team when you're 11, hitting a 95 mph fastball is probably the hardest thing to do in all of sports.

He's not going to make a team. He hasn't played since high school

Guess I can see that.
Was watching a Biloxi highlights from the game last night and they have 2 of the better prospects in baseball and there were about 15 people there.

Canpa needs attendance help and he wouldn't be their worst hitter. Seems like a good fit.

Was watching a Biloxi highlights from the game last night and they have 2 of the better prospects in baseball and there were about 15 people there.

That's crazy. When TMac pitched for a few games they sold out out every single one.

I'd typically agree that it's fucked up to take some kid's spot but apparently Tebow has been working for a year on this.

Canpa needs attendance help and he wouldn't be their worst hitter. Seems like a good fit.
Why are you such a Rays hater? Jesus Christ, worry about your own fucking team, that happens to be in 3rd place now after blowing their wad earlier in the year. Never seen a fucking Yankees or Red Sox fan as obsessed with the bottom feeder of the division as you are.

Considering the year I got into baseball was right about 1998/99, would have been pretty bandwagonish to jump on the Marlins since they had just won the WS.

Didn't stop you from becoming a heat fan in 2010

Didn't stop you from becoming a heat fan in 2010
Been a heat fan for a lot longer than that, I'd like to see some proof that you didn't jump on the wagon in 2010, but we'll never get that, since you're embarrassed about your real life endeavors.

Tebow should just take up mma. Hes not making it in any other sport.

Been a heat fan for a lot longer than that, I'd like to see some proof that you didn't jump on the wagon in 2010, but we'll never get that, since you're embarrassed about your real life endeavors.

Ok Gunt

Back