"Teardrop Rapist" Suspect Exonerated After 16 years

Would've been funny if when he started crying at the reversal, the judge said "wait a minute" and they switched back to guilty.

The amount of criminal matters in which a grown man starts crying is pretty low, given the weight and circumstances of most criminals. That said, it's entirely appropriate that this is one in which crying occurred. Damn.

Teardrop means he killed a guy and he's had it when he was 13. You can't have one without your homies calling you out for it if you haven't earned it by killing someone.

LOL, WTF man, stop listening to Geraldo Rivera.

A lot of time the teardrop tat means one if your homies or somebody else close to you was killed while you were in prison. Though since he got it when he was 13 supposedly that's probably not the case here.

3771.jpg

Justice is a game. Pray you never get caught up in it.
You know I nearly shot off with something snide, here, since this board is so saturated with these emo posters who are cynical about everything, but then I realized...yeah, that's really how it plays out a lot of the time. That was more or less one of the great lessons of The Wire: one of the only works of fiction in my lifetime that actually provides insights into the real world and the politics of power.

so much for using all this modern forensic evidence shit that everyone harps on about and people are still being found guilty falsely. Spending decades rotting inside the prison system when the evidence was there all along.

This guy better get some compensation.

He arguably deserved to do the time anyways just for getting a teardrop tat in the first place.

Wow I couldn't imagine serving 16 years for a horrendous crime like that and being innocent. I wonder why he didn't push for a DNA test as soon as it came about.

Teardrop means he killed a guy and he's had it when he was 13. You can't have one without your homies calling you out for it if you haven't earned it by killing someone.

Lol,you need to stop watching American me. I grew up in east los and San Bernardino and in early nineties every shit bag wannabe cholo got a teardrop or a cross on there hand(Mexican mafia signia) wether they were official or not..kids were dumbasses trying to fit in.

so much for using all this modern forensic evidence shit that everyone harps on about and people are still being found guilty falsely. Spending decades rotting inside the prison system when the evidence was there all along.

This guy better get some compensation.

You do know who pays for it right? He was here illegally. He should get nothing and like it.

He should be compensated very heavily by the state and their should be punishment for the prosecution, imo. Our justice system is such bullshit.

Would've been funny if when he started crying at the reversal, the judge said "wait a minute" and they switched back to guilty.

Well he would already be crying, so he would not have to start up again.

But seriously, I hate stories like this. It's not a happy story, it's a sad one. Justice system and "bad guy" attitude towards ACCUSED individuals is more BS than you would know, if you didn't know. Defense attorney's are so much more important than you think. Prosecutors and Police know it, you should too.

And the guy that actually did it is probably protected by statute of limitations now.

Back