Teamsters Announce Plans to Organize UFC Fighters

I'm sure you deserved 30k a year is the point. Just because you had to have someone hand you money doesn't make them good or right.

What a fucking idiot. That's why I haven't made less than 60k a year in 6 years now... AND I'm not union now :)

Teamsters and unions are the scum of the world. Workers absolutely deserve fair wages and rights, but these guys take it overboard by a long shot. Whatever good they were initially intended to do has long since disappeared.

And this should be enough to convert many of them even, UFC rakes the whole pile of $$ whereas the Union would disperse it just slightly better and take there cut of course

Having a union means having a pooled legal resource to protect the fighters rights.

One fighters can't fight for their rights against a billion dollar company. 200 fighters each kicking in $2000 for a legal fund can do a whole lot.

d48f216db02ee32b735d4499126104606847b9f17d9a81d91af83bb919cecfd8.jpg

So we're supposed to support the very culinary union that has tried to have MMA banned & almost single-handedly kept MMA out of New York? Um, no.

There clearly needs to be a fighter union. And, clearly, it needs to have NOTHING to do with the culinary union.

You are crazy if you think the unions are really there for the fighters and the fighter's best interests. They want a peice of the pie.

The government and big business sure has done a good job snowing some of you guys against unions.

The cost for joining most unions is two hours of wages a month.

Wow, you lose less than 1/80th of your wage but have somebody to represent you.

Unions are so corrupt, yeah right.

I agree. Unions get a terrible rap and people think that those at the top will just increase wages just because of love of their fellow man. :icon_lol: We NEED unions.

Dont care.

WHy just UFC though, Bellator, WSOF, regional mma doesnt count?

I know Culinary union UNITE people are involved so its just another anti Zuffa thing, they dont give a shit about the fighters.

I agree. Unions get a terrible rap and people think that those at the top will just increase wages just because of love of their fellow man. :icon_lol: We NEED unions.

Someone with some sense about him. :cool:

If strikers want to wrestle and vice-versa, they'll have to call in a different union.
Remember when the unionized twinkie trucks couldn't carry wonder bread even though they were made in the same plant.

We don't really know all the inner workings of their contract, but if the fighters really feel that they are getting a raw deal then they will vote yes during the union drive and that'll be that.

If there is a real union drive then it will tell us a lot about how the fighters feel they are being treated.

LOL at the people who think a union can work to boost UFC pay, even if it's formed.

The UFC would not be bound to grant the pay wishes of any union, even if it existed.

The UFC must negotiate in good faith but they can still deny all pay requests and there's nothing the union can do about it except threaten to strike. LOL.

A strike would only work if the UFC's top fighters joined the union too, cuz they're the ones who most impact the UFC's ppv sales. And they will NEVER join cuz they are getting paid great money.

Why would the champs and co-main event fighters risk losing their lucrative paydays just to strike for a bunch of undercard/prelim fighters who suck anyway?

And if the undercard/prelim fighters try to strike and physically form a picket line at a UFC event, LOL, they'd be GREATLY outnumbered by thousands of fans who will swarm right past them to get to their seats inside.

This isn't some supermarket store where customers stream in 1 by 1 every 10 minutes, where a huge line of picketers can impact them. LOL.

A union can work for normal companies cuz striking can hurt those firms. But against the UFC it won't likely work very well.

I was a member of a union once and the employees of the company were treated like dog shit. The union was completely useless. They sure did get a nice fat fee reduces from our pay check for union dues every 2 weeks though.

I flat out asked the union head what the purpose of our union was, considering we got paid no more than any non-unions job I'd ever worked. He couldn't answer that simple question.

Their only function was to collect union dues from employees. They couldn't give a fuck about any of the workers they supposedly represent.

Fuck unions.

Teamsters have stolen more from employees than employers ever could.

Back