Team Pump: Spinach + Squats = Success

Sorry, what was that TG? I have difficulty understanding people who can't squat 315.

Squat work and sumo pull work (copied from my log). I put in my sumo pull work since I think that it helps the squats, and because I'm pretty jacked up about pulling 315, since I'm bad ass. :wink:

Wednesday (06/11) Speed Squats and Heavy Deads

I felt good today, despite the awful headache from last night. I got in at 11:30 AM since I needed to get back soon to pack and get ready to go home and see the parents.

Squats!
Briefs on

105 x 5
145 x 3
195 x 3

Suit bottoms go on, along with chains added to the bar. 2 20lb chains on each side. Standing up at the top adds another 80lbs in chains.

195 + chains x 3
195 + chains x 3
195 + chains x 3

215 + chains x 3
215 + chains x 3

245 + chains x 3
245 + chains x 3

I had some nice speed on all of the sets, and I'm learning how to set up under the bar better. I'm pleased. :icon_chee

Deads!

135 x 3
185 x 3

Straps on the suit go up, time to get used to how this feels again. Blech. Now, let's make it feel just like the meet.

225 x 1
275 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1
+12 lb sumo PR. I rule!

I have now pulled 3 wheels, and actually looked OK doing it. It came up easy. I see 330 at the meet (06/28) no problem :icon_chee

well... you DO have zop on your team... so I guess that IS a possibility...

Bench Press
BarX?, 95X5, 135X4, 165X3, 185X4, 205X3, 225X1X4, 225X3

I did bench first while waiting for a quarter squatter to finish his sets of 135.

Squat
BarX10, 135X5, 185X5, 225X3, 275X2, 315X5, 315X5 (rep PRs with 315)

Chins
BWX5, 5, 4

2 Supersets of swiss ball crunch and hanging leg raises. Forgot reps, just did some.

So helping my friend move was supposed to be a one day event with many people. Nope. It ended up being another guy and myself carrying all of the heavy shit upstairs and her and her gimpy 140lb boyfriend, recovering from a sprained ankle, doing the light shit. When I got there nothing was packed. It ended up taking 3, 5-7 hour days and messing up my Smolov program.:mad: I never knew that much shit could fit into a 2 bedroom apartment. Reluctantly, I helped clean a little too. I am going to start the Smolov program over on Monday. Looking at the calender, I should have enough time before the September 22 deadline.

you're not even getting laid out of all this? you're not even getting in a better position to get laid since you have basically said "Its ok that you have a bf, I don't mind helping you without any benefit to the advancement of our relationship at all." AND you didn't go to the gym? jesus... if you're going to fuck up your routine, at least get something out of it... otherwise "excuse me guys, I gotta go to the gym, I'll be back post workout. have a steak and a beer ready for me"

Ok so I figured I'd update you guys on my weights situation. Today I recieved my 20kg and 10kg bumpers, plus the small 5kg and 2.5kg ****l plates. The 15kg plate will be here tomorrow, however I have absolutely no idea how long it will take for Pendaly to ship my bar from TX or even if it has been shipped yet.

Sorry, what was that TG? I have difficulty understanding people who can't squat 315.

*kills Smashy Ninja Gaiden II style*

ninja_gaiden2.jpg

Ok so I figured I'd update you guys on my weights situation. Today I recieved my 20kg and 10kg bumpers, plus the small 5kg and 2.5kg ****l plates. The 15kg plate will be here tomorrow, however I have absolutely no idea how long it will take for Pendaly to ship my bar from TX or even if it has been shipped yet.

I demand pistol proficiency in the meantime!

That's something I've got covered.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0anvuRA20A&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0anvuRA20A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've been doing those and tabata front squats with my sandbag, I just haven't been recording them out of laziness. Anyone else have long legs and find the pistol hard because of it? I can bust out 3-5, with pauses if I hold like 10# out in front of me, but can't do a single one without the counterbalance.

you're not even getting laid out of all this? you're not even getting in a better position to get laid since you have basically said "Its ok that you have a bf, I don't mind helping you without any benefit to the advancement of our relationship at all." AND you didn't go to the gym? jesus... if you're going to fuck up your routine, at least get something out of it... otherwise "excuse me guys, I gotta go to the gym, I'll be back post workout. have a steak and a beer ready for me"

Agreed. She should at least give you *something* out of this.

I need to teach these bitches a lesson.

6/13/08
Squat: 135x10, 225x5, 270x7x5

Real hard. The pain in my left quad gets really bad I'm basically hobbling around between sets. The high number of sets really kills me.

6/14/08
Squat: 135x10, 225x5, 285x10x3 (belted for last 7 sets)

Torture. I'm going to try to get this last week in but my body is really starting to break down. My left quad is a giant bruise. The first rep of each new set from 5 on was insane my legs basically just fold up under me. My form was terrible. After the first rep the pain in my quad would loosen a bit and I could get the last two with decent form. Results seem good however I definetly feel stronger already. If I can get this last week in without killing myself I'm going to rest up and shoot for a PR in the 350 range by the 30th.

Friday - Smolov Week 4, Day 2

Working sets: 132.5 (292) x5x7

Starting to get really satisfying, nice tough, evil sets that make my legs scream, was starting to forget how much fun really pushing my squat can be.

Friday -
Smolov week 2 day 3 - 7x5 @ 275, Lost focus at times to be honest, but managed to stick it out. These got tough, I'm not gonna lie.

Saturday -
Smolov - week 2, day 4 - 4x3, 2 (Failed third rep), 3, 2 (failed third rep again) @ 295. Failure of a day, this was supposed to be 10x3 but after the 7th set, I was cooked.

Sunday - My lower back hurts like a mother fucker today. heating pad is my friend, but it's only helping so much.

Just had a look what the oother teams are doing.
And it seems like this team is already going down :D

Sunday - 140 (308) x6x5 +6

Why did I do an extra rep on my last set? Because it took me to over 5 tonnes of squat volume and because I could.

Back