Team Pump: Spinach + Squats = Success

Sorry guys I failed, not on squatting, no I got 400 quite happily. I forgot my knife and couldn't shank Rob when he failed at 300.

Oh well maybe next time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZGaNOOf1Yk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZGaNOOf1Yk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's another 12.5kgs from me and 7.5kgs from Rob.

Nice effort Smashius and Rob.

----------------------------------

Squats

340 8X1 3-4 minute rests

Rest

265 5X4, 1X5 1-1.5 minute rests

Barbell roll outs

3X8

A nice job by smashius! I'm tremendously jealous, but it makes me happy I'm on his team!

Squats - worked up to 12 x 1 @ 230 + 200lbs banded resistance at the top. Form looking a little better, though some sets were better than others. I think it's time to start adding more iron actually, these are feeling really explosive and my form with this weight is good enough to prevent injury, so I'm gonna see what I can handled next time, maybe thursday.

Saxon side bends - 6 @ 10, 15, 20, 25
Ab wheel rollouts - 5 x 1 increasing distance by 2-3" each single.

I hate doing direct ab work... its boring.

A nice job by smashius! I'm tremendously jealous, but it makes me happy I'm on his team!

Thanks, nice to see you admit it's my team.

Been doing much bending recently? I finally got a blue nail from Ironmind to play with and folded it up in about 5s including crushdown. Looking to progress back up to grade 5 next week maybe.

Haven't done any bending in a while actually. I should break out some nails and see what it does to my BP.

Its funny, I thought "happy he's on my team" but qrote exactly the wrong thing. go figure.

boo im plateauing at 120 for 5 so today i tried:

60 x 8 (warmup)
90 x 10
110 x 8
120 x 5
122.5 x 3
122.5 x 3

hammered 122.5kg for 3 sets of 5, followed by a set of 5 at 110kg. fun workout today.

i'll have to record a video next week and submit it before i go on my one month trip, how low do you guys think my numbers will go after a 1 month holiday?

Very little squatting to report, may have another go at setting a new max on Sunday. I'm moving week tomorrow so I'm kinda busy packing.

Tuesday: Max Squat w/Auxiliary Work Day

I took a couple of days off, but I'm still a bit cranky while training. My sleeping schedule is off (again) and I could be eating better. Well, I'll figure it out eventually. I'll be home visiting my parents the 20th-25th, so I'll take off some training time then. If I do train, it'll be more BB-style instead of PL.

Box Squats with Bands!

The NEW 60# Mastadon bar (*drools*...)
Blue bands = ~80lbs to top (the #3 size bands)
Mini-bands = ~50lbs at top (the #2 size bands)

briefs on...

Naked 60# bar w/ blue band x 3
110lbs on bar w/blue band x 3
150lbs on bar w/blue band x 3

suit bottoms on...

200lbs on bar w/blue band x 2
200lbs on bar w/blue band and miniband x 2
200lbs on bar w/blue band and 2 minibands x 0 DAMN that caught me off gaurd...
185lbs on bar w/blue band and 2 minibands x 2 Ok, that wasn't so bad
200lbs on bar w/blue band and 2 minibands x 2
200lbs on bar w/blue band and 2 minibands x 2
200lbs on bar w/blue band and 2 minibands x 2... this sucked the LIFE out of me.

So, I was pretty bad ass today. 200lbs in bar weight + 80lbs in blue band weight + 100lbs in 2 minibands weight = about 380 on the top... 3 sets of doubles! Not bad.

Auxiliary work!
Glute-Ham x 10
100s on the Leg Press x 10
Glute-Ham x 8
100s+45s on Leg Press x 10
Glute-Ham x 6
100s+45s on Leg Press x 10

That new Glute-Ham machine is kicking my ass. I'm going to get better at this... I will.... :icon_chee

Not been around for a bit as computer was messed up again.
Myself and smash went for another max day not monday just gone but monday before and neither of us made any further progress perhaps trying to repeak in two weeks was never going to work but it was worth a shot as smash has now moved to mancheste
Btw smash should be back in the next few days when his net gets put online in his new place.
Life after smolov for me will be as follows
Wed = Deadlifts and squat variations
Fri = Bench and pulls
Sun = Squatting
Mon = Overhead press and pulls.
Im still hoping for 300lbs before this is over

I broke the saw horse I've been using for a rack. I fail at life.

Back