Team Llyod Irvin Students, Please Help (MD,VA Area People too)

I know that Jamie trains there, I'm not sure who the instuctor is though...
I know I'd like to get John and a few of his guys to roll to GZ Beckley with me before I leave and roll with some of you guys, I've browsed your website a time or two and have been dying to workout down there. You all have some top notch people down that way.

come on over any time... we usually hav ea pretty good turn out on saturdays(except this saturday they are having birthday parties all day so we wont be rolling...) but we go wednesday 6:30-whenever we pass out from exhaustion (gi class)and thursday from 7:30 until exhaustion (open mat)

im pretty sure Jamie is the instructor in Montgomery... he wasnt at John's tuesday and i was kinda hoping he would be so i could roll with a 250ish pounder...

Seminar is open to all. The Springfield mall Yamasaki studio is the one Dave Jacobs instructs at, btw.

stephensharp said:
Seminar is open to all. The Springfield mall Yamasaki studio is the one Dave Jacobs instructs at, btw.

as crazy as the people drive around SPGva i honestly dont know if i would really suggest to anyone that they walk from the metro station to the mall... liable to get hit for 30-50 cars and them not even notice that you were there... lol

Thanks for the props, Stephen.

Just a clarification: My academy is in Chantilly, VA. I teach at the Springfield location on Wednesdays.

The walk from the Springfield metro to the mall is very short. They even have a free shuttle if you're too lazy to walk.

As always, my advice is to visit and check out the different schools. That is really the only way to see what's going on.

Lloyd is a great guy and has very good students/competitors. If your choice is Yamasaki or Lloyd, you can't go wrong with either.

David_Jacobs said:
Thanks for the props, Stephen.

Just a clarification: My academy is in Chantilly, VA. I teach at the Springfield location on Wednesdays.

The walk from the Springfield metro to the mall is very short. They even have a free shuttle if you're too lazy to walk.

As always, my advice is to visit and check out the different schools. That is really the only way to see what's going on.

Lloyd is a great guy and has very good students/competitors. If your choice is Yamasaki or Lloyd, you can't go wrong with either.

My bad, who teaches in Springfield the other days?

Man Monster: There are a LOT of good places to train in VA. I had checked out quite a few when I first moved down, but was broke and could only afford Judo classes (which were great anyway, and something else I'd trained in) until I finally got settled into my house. I was heartbroken that the ride would be so long now that I could finally afford to go to one of the BJJ schools, but it turned out that there was an Irvin/Dalla affiliate six miles from my new house. No matter where you wind up, or how you're getting around, you should be able to find quality trianing in this area.

Word, thanks for all the advice... I've already took your suggestions in and emailed a few of the schools and called a few of them (As a matter of fact I think I talked to David Jacobs) and I think I'm going to be attending David's school on Sundays and Lloyd's on Saturday.
If I can get lucky and break away from campus more often then I'll probally attend both schools way more often.

Senterian, I'm a 250 poundish guy, I just never have a way down to Oak Hill.
Perhaps the next time Josh rolls down that way I'll roll with him, I'm trying to get as much practice in as possible anyway so I don't get smoked on the mats in DC.

The Man Monster said:
Word, thanks for all the advice... I've already took your suggestions in and emailed a few of the schools and called a few of them (As a matter of fact I think I talked to David Jacobs) and I think I'm going to be attending David's school on Sundays and Lloyd's on Saturday.
If I can get lucky and break away from campus more often then I'll probally attend both schools way more often.

Perhaps the next time Josh rolls down that way I'll roll with him, I'm trying to get as much practice in as possible anyway so I don't get smoked on the mats in DC.
Any time your around bro, just let me know!!

You know what's funny? I live exactly 3 minutes away from Leo Dalla's place but I go to another academy.

David Jacobs, I live in Manassas area and Chantilly isn't that much farther, how far is your academy to say old town manassas? I thought the closest school was in arlington which is very far, chantilly is a drive as well but closer.

Can you PM me the address?

Also, any advice on the closest academy or dojo in the Prince william county area would be great.

The Man Monster said:

I'm at 225 right now... cutting for arnolds so i dont have to roll with the big boys... i plan on weighting 200 max by then... I have rolled with Josh... he actually challenges me takedown wise and that is saying quiet a bit... i have excellent takedowns... or so i have been told...

Josh said something about wanting to come over and train with us on a saturday... you should harrass the hell out of him till he comes down and brings you with him... like i said on saturdays we usually have a good turn out with 4 200+pounders... couple newer guys and then me and my younger brother that have been around for over a year... tho i was out for 6 months with a tear in my labrum.. arrrrrrrrrr

Back