Team Llyod Irvin Students, Please Help (MD,VA Area People too)

The Man Monster

Orange Belt
Reaction score
As some of you may know I will be moving to the DC area to attend Job Corps in less than 2 weeks. What this requires is that I live on campus and cannot bring my own vechile with me, which limits my means of transportation.
I suppose I could take a cab, but when you figure in the fact that I will have to pay a cab to and from campus plus pay for my training all out of my food money (for those of you that know I can't travel to and from work as a condition of entering Job Corps).

So if any of you could give me a ride to 1 class per week I would be willing to give you $100 a month and maybe a little more. If your interested just post here or PM me ASAP, because I would really hate to stop training for the next 8 months.

Thanks,
The Man Monster

Another option, is maybe take a cab to class, and then find a ride home with someone there. That way your easing the burden a littlebit. And for $25 per week, they should give ya a ride to 2 classes. I'm half tempted to join Lloyds just so I can take your $100. But Lloyd and his students are good people. I'm sure you'll find some help.

I really hope so, I'm well aware that Lloyd Irvin and his team are top notch and I'd give my right nut to train there... Also, who all steadily teaches there?
I've searched the site and found a few names, but I don't think Todd Margolis and Leo Dalla are normally there.

Not sure about Todd, but I beleive Dalla has his own school somewhere in No. Va now. He's still part of the Lloyd Irvin network though.

Flounder said:
Not sure about Todd, but I beleive Dalla has his own school somewhere in No. Va now. He's still part of the Lloyd Irvin network though.

Hood... er... Woodbridge is where Leo's place is at.

Senterian said:
Hood... er... Woodbridge is where Leo's place is at.

Leo also trains at skyline near baileys (thats where i train) in the Sport and Health club.

to the thread starter - PM me with more details ie location etc. I may be of assistance and don't want your money

Where are you going to be living at? I know the Arlington, VA (www.novamma.com) is a lloyd irvin affiliate school that is easily accessible by metrorail (DC's subway), which is cheap, easy, and safe. I don't know if Lloyd's location is accessible via the metro, but you may be able to find some combination of public transportation and walking that's easy. Check it out and shoot me a pm if you need help. www.wmata.com is the main transit site

Nate Pringle said:
Leo also trains at skyline near baileys (thats where i train) in the Sport and Health club.

to the thread starter - PM me with more details ie location etc. I may be of assistance and don't want your money

was probably a year ago when i talked to Leo and he didnt have the place at skyline open yet... was gonna go train at woodbridge with them while i was in town and ended up busting my head open on a car door and needing stiches... ahhhh just one of the really bad luck things i had to me in about the same 12 month period...

Dude, Why Lloyd's? If you were going to give Yamasaki Academy a chance then there is no need for a car. In the DC area there is an exellent Subway system called METRO-Rail as mentioned in a previous post. It is fast, effecient, inexpensive and safe. It covers the entire washington area. There are two places to train that I know are walking distance to Metro-Rail stops.

1) Tenley Town on the Red Line. Yamasaki operates out of the the Sport & Health Gym (BJJ and Thai Boxing). Very nice part of town.

2) White Flint also on the Red line is the main school. The school is about 4 blocks away but they have day and night classes as well as MMA on Fridays and Thai Kickboxing every day exept sundays.

I may try and train at both if its possible, but if I can't make it to both then I'll have no choice but to train at Mr. Irvins school... He just seems like the best opition for me.

In either case if you think the subway system is safe then I would love to cross train with both schools, as I will only be able to attend school 1 day a week at Lloyds due to my school schedule (I can't be off campus after 9:00 or I will be locked out until the next day) and I'd really hate to train just once a week.

El Tiburon said:
Dude, Why Lloyd's? If you were going to give Yamasaki Academy a chance then there is no need for a car. In the DC area there is an exellent Subway system called METRO-Rail as mentioned in a previous post. It is fast, effecient, inexpensive and safe. It covers the entire washington area. There are two places to train that I know are walking distance to Metro-Rail stops.

1) Tenley Town on the Red Line. Yamasaki operates out of the the Sport & Health Gym (BJJ and Thai Boxing). Very nice part of town.

2) White Flint also on the Red line is the main school. The school is about 4 blocks away but they have day and night classes as well as MMA on Fridays and Thai Kickboxing every day exept sundays.

Hey, I checked out the Yamasaki Academy and the DC area school only has class that run to close to 9:00 at night, which I cant attend.
If you could please correct me then I would love to attend this place on the days I cant make it to LIMMA.

Why not Lloyds? He can get to it on the subway, too. And besides, the only good Yamasaki school is Dave Jacob's, because he's so dreamy....

Seriously, both schools/networks are good with plenty of options, and there's "One Source MA" or whatever around there, too.

Anyway, I'm all the way down in Fredericksburg, and it'd take $100 worth of gas just to come truck you back and forth to The LAB with me on TUE-THUR, and I usually don't leave til 9:30 so I can get extra mat time in.

By the way, in two weekends, Jeff Routh's (a Dalla/Irvin affiliate MT school) has a Shogun/Ninja seminar.

El Tiburon said:

there is a yamasaki academy inside of springfield mall... maybe a half mile walk from the springfield metro station also... not sure how easy it would be to get there via the metro from arlington tho...

what school are you going to be at and what area in dc or the area are you livingg? i was in pretty much the same place as you a few months ago so i did a lot of the same research

nosebleed said:
what school are you going to be at and what area in dc or the area are you livingg? i was in pretty much the same place as you a few months ago so i did a lot of the same research
I know I posted this information in an earlier post, but its not there now...?
I'll be at Job Corps at this address:

1 dc village lane
southwest washington dc

By the way Senterian, I currently train at an ABKJ school and I'm assuming your a Ground Zero member?

The Man Monster said:
By the way Senterian, I currently train at an ABKJ school and I'm assuming your a Ground Zero member?

yup... train with b in beckley... been training with john esker on tuesday nights while i was kicking it on a regular work schedule between semesters instead of the bullshit 12-9 that i do during sememsters here at MSU...

stephensharp said:
Why not Lloyds? He can get to it on the subway, too. And besides, the only good Yamasaki school is Dave Jacob's, because he's so dreamy....

Seriously, both schools/networks are good with plenty of options, and there's "One Source MA" or whatever around there, too.

Anyway, I'm all the way down in Fredericksburg, and it'd take $100 worth of gas just to come truck you back and forth to The LAB with me on TUE-THUR, and I usually don't leave til 9:30 so I can get extra mat time in.

By the way, in two weekends, Jeff Routh's (a Dalla/Irvin affiliate MT school) has a Shogun/Ninja seminar.
Is this going to be open to the public...I'd love to attend.

Senterian said:
yup... train with b in beckley... been training with john esker on tuesday nights while i was kicking it on a regular work schedule between semesters instead of the bullshit 12-9 that i do during sememsters here at MSU...
LMAO!
I read the first half of your post and started to be like "I've heard nothing but great things about Ground Zero from my instructor" and then I realized after reading the rest of your post that we share an instuctor, as I train under John in Richwood... :redface:

In either case is this Jamie or Ernest?

this isnt Ernie... i only got to go over a couple of times... im George from Beckley GZ

isnt Jamie the instructor down at montgomery abkj?

Back