Team Khabib Trolls Conor for Street Fight

Who wins a street fight?

• Total voters
I always appreciate a well stated argument, regardless of whether or not I agree. One reason I disagree is that I believe more recent results should carry more weight. Another reason I disagree is that I feel championship rematches should wait a while, unless there’s some sort of controversy. McGregor has exactly one win in the last three years, and was recently dominated by the champion. In my opinion, those two things disqualify him from the discussion until he puts together a winning streak and/or Nurmagomedov loses the belt.
I prefer Gaethje as the next challenger. He’s highly ranked and is on a three fight winning streak, all by first round stoppage. Yes Poirier beat him, but Dustin just had a shot and fared no better than McGregor.
At any rate, I doubt either of us will convince the other, but I do understand your point of view.
We'll definitely have to agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that, there is no "right answer".

I hope we can agree that none of the three that are in consideration (Conor, Dustin, Justin) have a very strong claim to a title shot and that's part of why this is so debateable.

I guess it comes down to your discounting Conor's status/rank because of recent inactivity and overall not many fights in LW, and I discount Gaethje's because of the fact that his wins are against weaker opponents and he has relatively recent losses to the stronger LWs he's faced.

I wouldn't cry and whine about Gaethje booking the next LW title fight, just that in my opinion he'd be jumping the other two. But even then, as you said, not all title fights have to be against #1 contenders largely because rematches should come after all the top contenders have been dispatched or the TF is so competitive that an immediate rematch is warranted.

Maybe we can agree that the best case scenario (in terms of clearing the picture) is for Tony and Khabib to have a barn-burner that demands a rematch that everyone wants to see and Conor fights Gaethje to clearly decide the next challenger?

You’re really buying what him and his team are selling aren’t you?

It’s all about the money nothing more

Care to elaborate? The rematch with Conor is THE money fight for Khabib, so I don't think it makes any financial sense for him to deny Conor a TS (especially after how their first fight went).

Care to elaborate? The rematch with Conor is THE money fight for Khabib, so I don't think it makes any financial sense for him to deny Conor a TS (especially after how their first fight went).
Khabib will take the rematch if offered. All his fight for legacy talk is just talk

Back