Team Gamboa Fired!

kimbodice

White Belt
Reaction score
FightBeat.com's Miguel Salazar has just learned through a reliable source that after Gamboa somewhat dismal performance on HBO's May 17 triple-header, everyone in Team Gamboa has been fired.

Fight Beat | News

Yes it's their fault for Gamboa's performance :icon_conf

The kid needs to throw his guard up after his done with his combos, thats all.

It doesnt matter who is at the helm. This kid is cocky.. he's a trainers nightmare. I think he'll run through several trainers over the course of his career unless he gets his head out of the clouds..might take an ass whippin to get him to do that

The guy is very talented and quick, but he's gonna get blasted by an equally quick power puncher. Don't know if he'll learn though, because some guys (ie Mayorga) are just dumb.

Yeah, it's everybody else's fault that he looked like he did. Geez.....

It certainly isn't their fault he was having weight issues.

i think he may be suffering from a little bit of what bojado did, he is calling the shots in his camp and doing what he wants. An when it comes out in a crappy performance, he points fingers and places blame; i don't know but its the impression im getting

I can see trying to get the best possible trainers for whatever reason, but you certainly can't fault the trainers for last Saturday.

Gamboa pitched a near shut out against a top 10 opponent (arguably). WTF is to complain about?

Keep your hands up and you won't get dropped. Seems like a pretty simple adjustment from a training point of view. It's the execution of same that will be tricky for Gamboa, since he's had such great success with his bad habits all along.

I was alittle confused when Gamboa just kept going from the right side of the ring, to the left, to the right and back.
Couldn't tell if he was trying to position himself for an offensive.

i think he may be suffering from a little bit of what bojado did, he is calling the shots in his camp and doing what he wants. An when it comes out in a crappy performance, he points fingers and places blame; i don't know but its the impression im getting

Agreed.

You guys never seen Gamboa before, or what? This was not a good showing by him.

I had only seen his previous fight on ESPN. It was hard for me to tell much since he pasted the dude in one round.

Well Orlando Cuellar is his new trainer now :icon_chee

Guys for those of you who watched Gamboa on HBO, Gamboa fought with his right hand injured. He was interviewed tonight by a Spanish network. He's right hand is terrybly swollen. He said his team was gonna cancel the fight, but it was already too late for that. Of course, the didnt want the opponent to know nothin 'bout this , and so nobody knew.

Back