Team Alpha Male needs a real hc

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think Garbrandt should leave tam and go to a more nuanced training environment. I think the tam oversparring-bro style training has damaged Garbrandt's chin and more importantly he failed to make any adjustments and lost even quicker than the first fight.

Since Garbrandt isn't likely to leave tam(he should), the least Faber can do is get a real headcoach.
If Danny Castillo is your coach in any capacity, something is wrong. Clearly Bucholz is missed

Bucholz never evolved them either. I agree but Bucholz isn't the answer.

Bucholz never evolved them either. I agree but Buchilz isn't the answer.

They need Duane Ludwig, kinda doubting he's keen to return now

Cody needs to keep them hands up and learn something outside of punching. He's completely 1 dimensional

I think Garbrandt should leave tam and go to a more nuanced training environment. I think the tam oversparring-bro style training has damaged Garbrandt's chin and more importantly he failed to make any adjustments and lost even quicker than the first fight.

Since Garbrandt isn't likely to leave tam(he should), the least Faber can do is get a real headcoach.
If Danny Castillo is your coach in any capacity, something is wrong. Clearly Bucholz is missed

His chin is fine he got hit by like 30 clean punches in a row and a knee and he wasn’t even unconscious.

His fight IQ sucks though

Yes I am surprised they still don't seem to have one. Wasn't Lance Palmer also talking about that a couple years ago?

Ludwig definitely seemed to make a difference, and Kampmann was probably pretty good. They really should get a head coach.

Yep, there is definitely better coaching available elsewhere. TAM seems a bit stuck in the past. Faber is a businessman though and isn’t about to pay big money or cede control either for that matter.

They went from a powerhouse to a shell of what they used to be.

Benavidez is primarily at Xtreme Couture, Palmer is cross training everywhere, Fili and their other young guys are cross training at Classic Fight Team and Blackhouse, etc.

Master Thong isn’t going to cut it. Honestly, I would’ve loved to see what Follis could’ve done with TAM.

Back