Teaching X-guard and Berimbolo to beginner white belts before the basics?

You're only paying like 84 bucks a month for instruction from this world class instructor? Sounds like bullshit to me.

I paid right before the new high profile owner took over and my old subscription was grandfathered in. I have like 9 months left on it. No idea if the prices have increased because it doesnt affect me therefore I dont care.

this is really bad op..maybe you should look for another gym with better structure

hmmmm...... let me see. first post on sherdog. troll name. creates thread about some questionable shit that doesn't happen to anyone who trains.

oh, hey gsparky/silverDbag

ps - now how much would i wager he is behind a proxy?

hmmmm...... let me see. first post on sherdog. troll name. creates thread about some questionable shit that doesn't happen to anyone who trains.

I'm pretty sure at this point, you've accussed atleast 90% of new accounts of being silverD

I think most white belts will lack the coordination to do these techniques and would probably benefit from learning more basic moves till they understand hip movement and base better. Are the moves bad? No, but I doubt the beginners get much out of it. Is there no distinction between beginner and advance classes?

Bullshit thread.

No one only teach berimbolo and x guard for 2 months to white belts.

For the record, I consider berimbolo and x guard as part of the basics.

The only basic to ever teach, no of course.

I can't help it if you think I am being a troll. I understand you dont want to fall for a troll, but I just wish all of this was make belief.

I keep telling myself that this makes no sense whatsoever, but then again he's this big name Black Belt coach and Im a white belt nobody. Who knows, maybe he will follow up on this with basics in the future. Atleast I hope.

PS: It's not just the Mendes bros that do X-guard and Berimbolo.

There's no point in knowing the berimbolo if you don't know how to recover guard.

This is the point. You cannot simply focus on "niche" moves like this and hope to be successful.

I can't help it if you think I am being a troll. I understand you dont want to fall for a troll, but I just wish all of this was make belief.

I keep telling myself that this makes no sense whatsoever, but then again he's this big name Black Belt coach and Im a white belt nobody. Who knows, maybe he will follow up on this with basics in the future. Atleast I hope.

give it a break.

last bs thread you did was about your instructor not knowing that straight ankle lock was legal at white belt.

What a BS thread, notice how he could have EASILY mentioned the instructor in the original post. But he chose not to, and still won't give even an affiliation or location. So I'm calling shenanigans.

This is the point. You cannot simply focus on "niche" moves like this and hope to be successful.

I'm not sure I agree with your conclusion here. Berimbolo and X-guard are commonplace in today's tournaments. The point is that you have to learn defense before you can focus on offense.

Who else does?

The appropriate actions to take is to wasteland and ban.

I'm pretty sure at this point, you've accussed atleast 90% of new accounts of being silverD

point to the times i have been wrong.

what makes more sense, one troll doing this shit over and over again hiding behind a proxy or a 1000 new people trolling here using the same two troll personalities to argue with each other?

i would say 90% of the time i call an account silverD that account is banned within a month.

Maybe he will get to the new stuff after X-Guard. Just saying

Last edited:
Back