Teach your fellow sherdoggers something here

You can disarm most aggressive people by relaxing your shoulders, looking into their faces and smiling. This saved me about a million fights back when I was working with refugees.

For some reason, even traumatized/drugged up/crazy or very angry people don't tend to attack someone who seems friendly, yet not afraid.

Of course, I do have a truly beatific smile.

Posted this in the Corona virus thread...

When washing your hands and drying them off at a public restroom...

Don't throw away the paper towel. Use a dry one to open the door. It's staggering how many people grab their junk and don't wash their hands afterwards, then reach right for the door handle. Also... If the paper towel dispenser has a switch you have to work, get your paper towels BEFORE you wash your hands, place the towels between your knees, then dry your hands off. That way you won't have to touch the grime-fest that's on the towel dispenser.

Edit: Thanks to @rj144
in the same vein, you're better off wiping your hands on your jeans than using an air-dryer.

If youve stripped the head of screw/bolt, use a hacksaw to cut a new slot in it.

when putting screws in wood try to have all the slots go in line with the grain. This makes them more aesthetically pleasing.

will add more when they come to mind

More on screws,
If you have a screw that won't come out, tap on the back of the screwdriver with a hammer as you turn it, they will come right out. Also, if you're having a hard time pulling nails, tap them in a little and then they pull right out.
If your two pieces of word separate when you're screwing them together don't drive the screw in, back it out until the pieces touch again and then drive the screw, the wood won't seperate the second time

The abbreviation i.e. does not mean “for example.” It means “that is.” E.g. means “for example.” They’re not interchangeable.

wtf is this true?!
yes-button-hi.png

30 sec shooting class.

When precision shooting from a prone position with a bipod, its is essential to place yourself directly in back of and square to the rifle and bipod legs.

Rather like so:
6a0133ec985af6970b017d3cf60bd9970c-500wi

Trailing off at an angle like this will lead to inconsistent shots. Shots will inevitably disperse horizontally.
over_hand_bipod_3.jpg

Further a bipod which mounts at or above the center line of the bore axis is far superior to one which mounts under.
Bipod-3.4.png

Alright how about the 30 second class on range estimation, reading windage and then applying that to quick mil math in your head.

When it comes to investing, keep it simple, just buy index etf every pay cheque

When you're 25 years old, invest $1000 into a mutual fund averaging a 15% return. Every week add 50 bucks to the fund. When you're 60 years old, your fund will be worth nearly 2.5 million dollars.

Back