Taylor Swift: Miss Americana

Are you a Taylor Swift fan?

• Yes

• No

• I like her looks

Results are only viewable after voting.
I said yes to the poll because I root for her (seems like she is always in some type of beef) but I can’t say I have any of her music in any of my playlists.

You just have to separate the art from the artist. I dony get surprised that celebrities have opinions and I dont really care too much what those opinions are. There is alot of room to live in between giving your opinion when someone put a mic in your face and going full on Ted Nugent. I dont think I'll have a hard time ignoring the opinions of Tatlor Swift.

I don't think any of them are particularly good vocalists. In fact, they're all pretty bad even for pop music. But what they're selling is the final package, and in that case Taylor Swift's product is much better than 10 minutes of Stairway to Heaven wankery.

As for Spears and Cyrus, well they're just as awful as Van Halen.
You know the saying : "give 'em enough rope"?

I'm a fan of her legs and what's under her skirt. That's about it.

{<tongue}

There used to be a meme of Swift wearing full dress Nazi uniform. Some people genuinely thought she had Far Right sympathies.

Personally, I think she's cute and songs are easy on the ears:)
That was a right wing meme. Even if some useful idiots on the left fell for it.

Swift would never be my first round draft pick, either to bang or listen to. But she's cute, and I enjoy some of her songs/videos. Especially LWYMMD and Delicate.

As for her political opinions, she's got the freedom to believe whatever she wants, just like the rest of us. And I'm free to not give a shit;)

My wife's a massive fan of Swift's & over the course of the past three years that I've been with her, I've become one too. In fact, I'm even more of a fan now that I've seen the documentary than I was before. I think it's great that she's decided to use her voice & influence to further causes that she believes in.
This is exactly how it is for me as well.

Didn't care about her for years. The wife loves her so of course I was subjected to her music.

Became a fan once I actually listened to the words of her music. The documentary only made me appreciate the human even more.

Taylor Swift: Miss Americana, Netflix documentary, 2020.
A behind the fame, behind the songs and beyond everything you think you know about Taylor Swift. Interesting documentary. Swift has now hit 30 and continues to be one very hot and rich babe. I think her music is crap though. I would say that 90% of her fans are young women. I don't see men listening to her music. Still, she has been able to amass a small fortune at an early age. She has now decided to have an opinion on politics and LGBTQ. Uses a lot of foul language on her documentary. The girl is no longer 'wholesome' and is due to loose a good portion of her fan base. Should have listened to her dad and kept her mouth shut.

Wasn't it proven that she was likely a long time member of that online message board 4chan? From what I understand people found out she was a regular on the board, which is notorious for being like a haven for racist, nazi loving children acting like animals. So I'm not surprised she uses a curse word in private.

Like most contemporary female artists she is utter shite.

I will say I do believe Taylor was pressured by the MSM to start speaking out on issues.

That's literally the exact opposite of the truth.

She was heavily pressured by the media, her label, her agents, and more to STFU and be a perfectly marketable "nice girl".

That's literally the exact opposite of the truth.

She was heavily pressured by the media, her label, her agents, and more to STFU and be a perfectly marketable "nice girl".
This is what I got from the documentary as well.

But I told my wife when someone is so forced to be this perfect image for so long they will eventually crack.

I'm not even to sure this was such a passion for her she felt the need to speak out. But more of the issue in front of her when she finally broke.

Btw this is a completely understandable human trait. No one should blame her.

This is what I got from the documentary as well.

But I told my wife when someone is so forced to be this perfect image for so long they will eventually crack.

I'm not even to sure this was such a passion for her she felt the need to speak out. But more of the issue in front of her when she finally broke.

Btw this is a completely understandable human trait. No one should blame her.

Of course.

But we literally have dudes on page one saying that she shouldn't have expressed any opinions because that will negatively effect her fan base size, market share, and long term revenue intake.

People instantly replied "she should STFU and make more money that way".

Back