Taylor Swift: Miss Americana

Are you a Taylor Swift fan?

• Yes

• No

• I like her looks

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd like to hear her as a regular person instead of her character. She also has fuck you money ten times over so losing some fair weather portion of her fan base is probably worth the liberation...

Kinda dumb for any entertainer to take sides in this Political environment. I think she'll end up regretting it.

<Fedor23>

Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Pink, and Katy Perry all sound the same.
Those others sorta do, yeah. But I think Swift's songs are better written. I can't stand to listen to the others because they annoy my ears. But pop music right now is supremely high quality. I'm talking artists like Charli XCX, Bruno Mars, Solange, etc. All way better than Van Halen or Zeppelin.

But I think Swift's songs are better written. I can't stand to listen to the others because they annoy my ears. But pop music right now is supremely high quality. I'm talking artists like Charli XCX, Bruno Mars, Solange, etc. All way better than Van Halen or Zeppelin.
<{ByeHomer}>

Taylor Swift is definitely better than Led Zeppelin. Definitely. Black Dog? Whole Lotta Love? Stairway to Heaven? All worse than swift whining about her ex-boyfriends.

I don't mind Taylor Swift and I think she's more talented then she gets credit for. People were accusing her of milking the whole Kanye thing like she asked for that dude to jump on stage and make an ass out of himself. In retrospect, the whole moment was pretty funny and I did like the way Swift handled the situation at the time which made her more fans and become a bigger household name.

I might check out the documentary for the social critic in me. Not interested in Taylor's politics even if she was a Trump supporter. Long as she isn't some an overzealous MAGA nut, she is free to vote for and believe whatever she wants.

I will say I do believe Taylor was pressured by the MSM to start speaking out on issues. Maybe she always wanted and after Trump was elected she was like, "I gotta say something." But I think what TS is pointing out is that if Taylor spoke out as a conservative even if she wasn't a Trump supporter, the same people who are praising her would be calling her all kinds of things. Hell, even if she's on the Left they are still going after her if she makes the wrong comments about a political or social issue.

it's strange how she says at one point how she had nobody to call after winning the Grammies, except her mom.
isn't she surrounded by hundreds of people? how can you not have friends.
I would spin that since she became famous at such a young age and constantly toured for a solid ten years as she reached the peak of stardom, that she only really got to know the people around her during that time. People like agents, managers, dancers, her band, techs, producers, roadies. She may be surrounded by them but it doesn’t change the fact that they are technically her employees. How many are around when she’s not paying them to be and even if they are I’ve always found it hard to be truly friends with people you work with. Then anyone she’s met in her private life she has to constantly be wondering if they’re her real friend or only her friend because she’s a millionaire pop singer with lots of benefits to her friendship. I can see where she could be very lonely and void of actually friendship. Probably common among. A lot of celebrities but especially in the music scene

Imagine 1) turning on Netflix 2) watching a taylor swift documentary and 3) doing both and posting your review on sherdog.

Taylor Swift is definitely better than Led Zeppelin? Definitely. Black Dog? Whole Lotta Love? Stairway to Heaven? All worse than Swift whining about her ex-boyfriends.
Yeah. Swift writes (sings) about her diary and boys. Not sure what men see in those lyrics. I believe 90% of her fanbase are women. Young girls. There is a rumor that Swift is still a virgin. I would like to see her on a Playboy or Penthouse spread. :)

I watched the documentary twice and it gives you a different perspective on her life and I wouldn't want to be as famous as her. I'm a fan of hers and saw her during her last tour. Her fan base is a mixture of all ages and both sexes. There are other Swiftie Fans on this forum. There's a Taylor Swift thread that is up to 53 pages.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/taylor-swift.3747445/page-53

if you don't like her or her music that's your business. There are many artist that I don't like.

If the politics she promoted aligned with yours, you'd be cheerleading her cause and arguing with critics on her behalf. This is what's so hilarious about you guys- you only perceive it as political if you disagree.
Oh, STFU.

Taylor was getting pilloried on social media for years before she spoke out with the #woke LGBT politics, and the leftist horde perceived her as potentially pro-Trump. We have threads in this very forum where this is demonstrated.

Hypocrite.

Oh, STFU.

Taylor was getting pilloried on social media for years before she spoke out with the #woke LGBT politics, and the leftist horde perceived her as potentially pro-Trump. We have threads in this very forum where this is demonstrated.

Hypocrite.
Do you have posts from the poster you quoted?

Do you have posts from the poster you quoted?
Don't have to. He didn't criticize a single poster. He used his presumed critique of the TS to then vault a criticism of "you guys".

He's criticizing the collective right, but he's on the left, and the left was guilty of the exact sin he's haranguing. Thus, he's a hypocrite by association in reference to his precise aspersion.

Taylor Swift is definitely better than Led Zeppelin. Definitely. Black Dog? Whole Lotta Love? Stairway to Heaven? All worse than swift whining about her ex-boyfriends.

We live in dark fucking times man lol

Ibzn2K1.png

<{ByeHomer}>

Don't have to. He didn't criticize a single poster. He used his presumed critique of the TS to then vault a criticism of "you guys".

He's criticizing the collective right, but he's on the left, and the left was guilty of the exact sin he's haranguing. Thus, he's a hypocrite by association in reference to his precise aspersion.
Hes on the left?

Back