Tavares v Marquardt Controversy: Will Joe Rogan Catch Flack?

phatron

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The two guys kissing during the fight were none other than Rogan's comedy buddies Ari Shaffir and Duncan Trussell.

People on reddit were saying they were goofing off throwing up signs and shit the whole time too.

Joe probably lost his New Years bonus.

arishaffirkiss_zpsa64a564a.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that's unfortunate. I was hoping it was a genuine couple showing their affection and not two dopes.

Yeah I recognized them and they were doing weird shit all night.

If anything, Joe Rogan will be praised for helping promote tolerance in this sport known for its patriarchal and conservative views.

Anyone remember when Richard and Sal from the stern show made out in the background of a news report about Lehman brothers?

Ari Shaffir is like the poor man's Sasha Baron Cohen.

I'm pretty sure rogan is into men too so I don't think there would be any controversy. Dana certainly doesn't care.

If anything, Joe Rogan will be praised for helping promote tolerance in this sport known for its patriarchal and conservative views.
Right. Considering how "friendly" Dana White and Zuffa have been to the "LGBT community" lately, I highly doubt anything will be said about this at all. Dana just got taken to task by the PC police a few years back and wants no part of them again. And if any fighter gets a little crazy in talking about this, he'll get "Mitrione'd".

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/9149382/matt-mitrione-suspended-ufc-fallon-fox-remarks

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-and-still-suspended-but-will-remain-with-ufc

Two guys clowning around and fake kissing in the background of a match creates a controversy?

Meanwhile the UFC archives have enough audience tracking shots of sweaty beer-bros "flexing" their jiggly bitch tits and awkwardly tard-boxing at the camera to make a UFC Presents: Best of TAPOUT Douchebags Vol IV... and no controversy.

At least the two guys clowning tonight can actually say there's someone out there willing to kiss them, even if it's just each other. I've yet to see evidence of the same from the latter group.

Back