Tattoo sleeves. Bad or good?

There's 10% of all tattoos I see I like.

For istance I like the tats on
Holloway, Huerta and Babalu

Most are done shitty and end up looking like a severe fungus infection

Nah not me. But I do plan on getting full sleeves eventually and more. American traditional like the pic you quoted.

The level of artistry in the pic he quoted is like high-school doodle level. You might like the overall look, but each individual element of that one is pretty shit. If you're going to commit to permanent art on your arms, don't cheap out. Pay for the most talented artist you can find.

I dont often even really notice sleeves. Quite often theres too much going on.

The level of artistry in the pic he quoted is like high-school doodle level. You might like the overall look, but each individual element of that one is pretty shit. If you're going to commit to permanent art on your arms, don't cheap out. Pay for the most talented artist you can find.

That's the american traditional style. Crisp lines, bold colors, a very specific style of shading. It's supposed to look simplistic. But yes, like you said, there is good and bad even within that style.

Good:

pinuptattoos.jpg

Traditional-Statue-Of-Liberty-Pin-Up-Girl-Tattoo-Design-For-Arm.jpg

03dad9f71e32e1b8a4762e0b49ff3b59.jpg

Bad:

Intenze-Tattoos-1.jpg

sailor-girl-tattoo.jpg

Like anything else, they can look good or bad. It just depends on the style(s) you go with, how well it is planned out, and how much you're willing to pay for good work.

Good:

intricate-traditional-american-tattoo-guys-full-sleeves.jpg
This looks good but in my opinion would look way better without all the meaningless little stars and dots put in there just to fill in space . I see so many sleeves where everything is smushed too close together and you can’t make out what the hell anything is which in my opinion defeats the purpose of a tattoo. Why have a bunch of tattoos that nobody knows what the fuck it is unless they study it close up for two hours. At least leave space to recognize what’s what.

They look cool to me.

But at the same time I think it's moronic to permanently scribble on your body. Just my opinion, y'all are free to disagree.

I held off getting tattoos in my 20s. I'm in my 30s now, so considering I am still interested in it, I will probably get started with them this year. I'm either going to do a full back piece or a full sleeve.

Always likes the sleeve tat look, even as a kid

I remember when I first started working, you couldn't have any tattoos showing at all if you wanted a decent paying job. Shit's so mainstream now it's weird, and I guess honestly a lot of the appeal for me was that it was counter culture, having ink back in the day just meant something different than it does today. I am amazed though at how much tattoos have improved in overall quality, since the explosion in popularity..my personal preference is black and grey, something very classic about it.

This looks good but in my opinion would look way better without all the meaningless little stars and dots put in there just to fill in space . I see so many sleeves where everything is smushed too close together and you can’t make out what the hell anything is which in my opinion defeats the purpose of a tattoo. Why have a bunch of tattoos that nobody knows what the fuck it is unless they study it close up for two hours. At least leave space to recognize what’s what.

<bball1>

Most tattoos look like garbage. I’ve seen a couple cool Joe Rogan-esque sleeves in my life, but I don’t think I would ever get one.

I think sleeves are awesome! Especially colorful ones if done right. I want one, but I can only do certain colors cause I’m chocolatey.

I had a coworker one time who was extremely attractive, worked out regularly, and had a colorful sleeve tattoo. The sleeve made her more attractive in a lot of guys eyes.

What is your opinion?

Also do you think geography plays a factor? I think it is more acceptable to be tatted in a place like Arizona or maybe Vegas than Connecticut.

Post your favorite tattoo sleeves.
back in the early 2000's i told my friend that i got a tattoo to be unique and he told me he is going to get no tattoos to be unique

I know a guy that had logos tattooed on him so he could get free admission to tough mudder runs. Other than that he's a pretty stand up guy.

I know a guy who choose his tattoo because it was the cheapest in the shop.

I don't know who wins.

Like anything else, they can look good or bad. It just depends on the style(s) you go with, how well it is planned out, and how much you're willing to pay for good work.

tattoos.jpg

Props to that last old guy though for getting tatted.

That old man reminds me of CM Punk.

punk.jpg

Don't know why flowers are always used as sleeve filler and why grown ass men get flowers tattooed on them.

They did a study. Tattoos block your sweat glands thus making you heat up more. Furthermore, people who were heavily tatted had stronger concentration of sweat. Its up to you.

Imo, unless you're an entrepreneur or a tradesman don't do it. Companies still discriminate against tattoos and that's their right. Now me, I have a couple of small ones and that's where I'm stopping. Mine can be covered up. People don't think in the long run. Mine will get old, fade, but I wont' trip. Now imagine a dark or colorful blob on your arms and legs. My friends' wife has legs and arms all tattooed. Wait till she hits her mid 40's....

Back