Tatiana Suarez Future Women's Strawweight Champion?

I think she is the real deal for the division

I'd do butt stuff to her.

Back in her wrestling days didn't Suarez have the beating of the current Olympic gold medallist Maroulis? I don't think people make the connection as she was known as Tatiana Padilla back then. Her wrestling career was cut short by thyroid cancer. Funnily enough Esparza always wrestled as Carla O'Connell - I guess she takes after her mom.

Anyway I've always seen Suarez as a future champ since she appeared on Tuf 23, thought she would be the one most likely to dethrone Joanna.

I'd have Suarez in that. Dern is obviously a BJJ ace but I have yet to see her translate that skill fully to MMA at the highest level. She has a lot of things going for her though. I was highly impressed with her last fight.

Athletes always talk about the mental aspect of competing. When all things are equal confidence is what will give you the extra push to be better than everyone else. And Suarez has it in spades. I saw it in her the first time I saw her compete. That thing you can never teach. You either have it or you don't. And she does.

Olympic-caliber wrestler. Overcame cancer. The aren't a lot of people out there that will be able to mess with her mental. She has the fortitude of a future champion. All the signs are there.

Was going to post something similar. She will be champ within the next 2 years I think.

Guess you’ve never heard of JJ “Don’t Blink” Aldrich

<{hfved}>
laughing-church.gif

Girl is looking good in the cage. Will be tuning in for certain.

She looked dominant from the first fight on TUF.
Not sure why she is still not the no1 contender tbh.

Lmao wtf? Why would a woman who has beaten literally nobody even in the top 10 be even in consideration for the #1 contendership? I don't think you understand how these things work.

Anyways, to answer the question of future contender, she has a ways to go yet. She's only at 10 right now and hasn't faced anybody even in the top 10 to give any indication as to how good she actually is yet.

There is also something else to keep in mind that people sometimes forget when looking at upcoming prospects, they aren't always younger lol. Rose is actually a year younger than Suarez, so it's not like she has the usual advantage over the current champion that up & comers do.

In theory Esparza should be easy fight for her, but you never know.She already fought small semidecent grappler, dominated it, but it went to decision...Finished all these silly boxers.
Dunno about her striking, but she will need it against Esparza.
Esparza already fought powerfull grappler like Gadelha, and we've seen what happened (on other hand Gadelha was injured, but her gass tank was crap like usual)., but Gadelha is not that good wrestler.
If she gonna win they will probably try to match her with Kowalkiewicz (if she will lose against Andrade...but Karolina is sparring with some amataur girls for this...if this is not some smoke and mirrors) and then title eliminator, maybe even vs Jedrzejczyk (who is not cutting water when making weight right now so there is some advantage for Tatiana).
Imo wmma dominant champion can be sick grappler or volume striker, so she is in category: sick grappler.

In theory Esparza should be easy fight for her, but you never know.She already fought small semidecent grappler, dominated it, but it went to decision...Finished all these silly boxers.
Dunno about her striking, but she will need it against Esparza.
Esparza already fought powerfull grappler like Gadelha, and we've seen what happened (on other hand Gadelha was injured, but her gass tank was crap like usual)., but Gadelha is not that good wrestler.
If she gonna win they will probably try to match her with Kowalkiewicz (if she will lose against Andrade...but Karolina is sparring with some amataur girls for this...if this is not some smoke and mirrors) and then title eliminator, maybe even vs Jedrzejczyk (who is not cutting water when making weight right now so there is some advantage for Tatiana).
Imo wmma dominant champion can be sick grappler or volume striker, so she is in category: sick grappler.

Your view of WMMA is dated. Seriously, assuming Valentina wins the title at the upcoming PPV like we all are, which of the 4 champions will exactly fit your description? Which one of them exactly is a volume striker or dominant grappler? Are any of them one dimensional?

Dern taps her, Gadelha and Andrade send her home pregnant. Top five talent, but needs to stay away from those three to be champ.

Tatiana’s grappling is legit , We have seen one trick ponies dominate WMMA so she has a real chance to be a champ .

She can definitely be one, but I don't know for how long. I'm still baffled as to how she makes 115 and I have a feeling that she'll struggle to make weight later into her career.

She's so impressive. Great potential with great attitude

Dern taps her, Gadelha and Andrade send her home pregnant. Top five talent, but needs to stay away from those three to be champ.
I think Gadelha is a relatively straightforward fight for Suarez. What Gadelha can do well; Suarez does better. Andrade is a tough fight, but he have never seen Andrade fight someone who wants her down on her back at 115. Dern could do it, but she probably won't do anything from bottom position, and won't get Suarez down. Suarez would just clinch her against the cage with the occasional takedown imo.

Back