Tate vs. Cyborg Announcement Coming Soon Book It

CUTTA

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I Made a post not to long ago saying that ufc should bring in cyborg put the 145 belt on her and make tate vs cyborg that way she gets her title shot still and it will be on big fox.

After waking up and seeing the Holm vs. Rousey fight being booked i am officially predicting that we will get a cyborg vs tate announcement within the the next 30 days or so.

I Made a post not to long ago saying that ufc should bring in cyborg put the 145 belt on her and make tate vs cyborg that way she gets her title shot still and it will be on big fox.

After waking up and seeing the Holm vs. Rousey fight being booked i am officially predicting that we will get a cyborg vs tate announcement within the the next 30 days or so.

It would have to be at 135, not 145, though. There will never be a 145 class in the UFC, at least not this decade.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing last night. Fingers crossed! Edit: i didnt read it properly, i just think they have a catchweight fight like Miesha was on about.

It would have to be at 135, not 145, though. There will never be a 145 class in the UFC, at least not this decade.

It'll be awhile. That division is shallow as fk.

Sure, if Cyborg can make the weight. Return to square 1 doh!

145, not gonna happen. Catchweight 140 is more plausible - that way Cyborg would be able to proove that she could make and were seriously trying to make 135.

145, not gonna happen. Catchweight 140 is more plausible - that way Cyborg would be able to proove that she could make and were seriously trying to make 135.

They will never make the catchweight, Cyborg will need to have this fight at 135 or they will never give her a shot at Ronda. Never. Cyborg should just put down the weights and the supplements, eat a salad and make 135 no problem in a few months.

Thought it was gonna be Tate v Nunes at UFC 195

They will never make the catchweight, Cyborg will need to have this fight at 135 or they will never give her a shot at Ronda. Never. Cyborg should just put down the weights and the supplements, eat a salad and make 135 no problem in a few months.

I'm not entirely convinced that IF Cyborg made 140 somewhat easily (or at least without cheating) for a catch weight fight vs Miesha, that it wouldn't be enough for the UFC to sign a fight against Ronda at 135.

I don't think it's happening - but I'm not completely ruling it out.

No Cyborg, no Fedor :(

Rousey would walk through Cyborg, Fedor could at least fight for the belt but UFC wont sign him IMO

You cant tell me that Fedor wouldnt be with the top 5 at least...When Mir, Arlovski, Rothwell,n Overeem all are the top dogs of today lol

I'm not entirely convinced that IF Cyborg made 140 somewhat easily (or at least without cheating) for a catch weight fight vs Miesha, that it wouldn't be enough for the UFC to sign a fight against Ronda at 135.

I don't think it's happening - but I'm not completely ruling it out.

Yep, she's gonna have to make 135 at least once... what happens if she makes 140, then comes into a Ronda fight at 135 heavy?

There is no way they are going to cancel the fight, there will have to be MAJOR penalties in the contract for Cyborg missing weight.

This fight makes sense. Cyborg needs a tune up, both fighting and making 135. Need a test run and 1st fight UFC jitters out the way. Throw her in there with the current #2 or 3 135 in the world also makes her come in with a live opponent. If Cyborg knocks her out in the first round, Rousey vs Cyborg might get near the 1.6 mil UFC 100 mark if marketed correctly and co-main is another title fight.

She's fighting Nunes, sadly Cyborg wants no part of RRR.....

I dont understand why they dont just make a 145 division and bring in Cyborg to murder some girls. Everyone enjoys watching that. Forget about the Rousey fight for now and just market Cyborg on your own turf. Then have the fight happen once theyre both in a peak marketability state.

I dont understand why they dont just make a 145 division and bring in Cyborg to murder some girls. Everyone enjoys watching that. Forget about the Rousey fight for now and just market Cyborg on your own turf. Then have the fight happen once theyre both in a peak marketability state.

tell us who else you would put in the 145 class? There is practically nobody who fights there. Give us names ... it is nothing but truck stop waitresses.

Because there's a few fighters in the WFW division top10 with losing records. That's how deep that division is.

There will never be a 145 woman fight in the UFC...get over it.

Thet are not going to do that - they are not going to kill contenders by having them fight one another when Ronda has NO other contendors to fight.

Agreed. They have said over and over make the weight first, then you get the fight. If she fights Tate at 140, it wont guarantee her a title shot.

Back