Tate + Holm + Cyborg: Could 2016 Be Rousey's Last Year in MMA?

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
A

AronaBeatsJones

2eyQUMNRtoBOfS-FHHQyx2CSsFmElhCQtgKLFi8fI_LYZN0rY2BkdC0OhoE0kXAhHgqBbQLY0HQE-30XdDjJJ62AUQk=w506-h285-n

Who else is there? Rousey has basically cleared out the division, and I don't think rematches with McMann or Zingano will sell considering how quickly they were finished.

If we learned anything from Frank Shamrock's original retirement, or Fedor Emelianenko before he had his Strikeforce run, is that the idea of being immortal will stick with you if you retire when you're on top.

hqdefault.jpg

With Rousey, who's spoken openly about wanting to retire from MMA soon, and has set up an alternative career in Hollywood, Rousey could be smart enough to not prolong her MMA endeavours more than she has to, and retire after her Cyborg fight (assuming she wins previous fights).

Rousey tweeted this two years ago:

Rousey-vs-Cyborg.png

Possibly. Then it's WWE and Hollywood for a few years.

I don't think so. A huge part of her appeal in other ventures is that she is an active fighter.

I know one thing, I'll miss her whenever she decides to hang 'em up.

Ronda is planning to retire from mma in a few years because Reebok pay sucks.

Yes, she will retire after 2016. Only for a couple years though like Mayweather and Jordan. Then come back and take over again for a few years and even more money. She could take a couple years off, do some gigs. Let the division rebuild without her. Hopefully new contenders pop up and then Rousey comes back in 2018 or 2019 to take back the belt. Fight 4-6 times for about 3-5 million a fight then call it a career.

Holm fight needs to happen, despite the naysayers. Definitely more legit than Bethe and actually has power.

I want to see her face Zingano, again, Holm, and Cyborg. Then she could call it a career with no questions left to answer.

if the only women they can find to fight rousey are 15-1 underdogs or worse you might as well just hang em up. go do movies

Here's hoping she sticks around for awhile. It's not like she's fading.

I hope she fights at least 4 more times.

Tate - Zingano - Holm - Cyborg

Last edited:
Anyone with a brain called it years ago: Rousey will not fight Cyborg. And, if you are a proponent of her fighting Cyborg, you will be bullied into submission and people will point out that Cyborg took steroids and "the champ shouldn't have to chase the challenger" (neglecting that Cyborg was a champion far longer than RR). This is not the fight game anymore, it is the money making game. If Cyborg was attractive, none of this would exist because Cyborg would be able to generate the revenue that Ronda does. The hoards of band wagon jumpers have no sense of history past 1 year and forget that Cyborg and Gina made it possible for Ronda to exist.

The fight community has turned to shit or are all afraid to state an obvious truth for the fear of being blacklisted by the UFC or taunted by cyber bullies. This fight will not happen, Rousey will not fight any legitimate competition and will retire before the league of soccer moms catch up to her.

This is the biggest fraud job that has ever been puled of in the fight game and it has solely been made possible because Ronda is an attractive white woman. Double standards and hypocrisy galore.

Her opponents are closer on paper to Bethe than they are Rouseys best opponents. That she all finished in one round.

Ok, well then what do you suggest? There's no guarantee of the Cyborg fight ever materializing. I guess she could fight Miesha 3 or 4 more times.

Back