Tarec Safedeins future in ufc.. NOW

Why are people so sure he's going to lose to "dominating wrestlers"? He just fought a guy that was a "dominating wrestler" and kicked his ass.

Very impressive, technical performance by Tarec. Unfortunately, it became obvious that the match-up was terrible for Marquardt, and it was only a matter of time before Tarec secured an insurmountable lead in the scorecards. After dropping two rounds to the challenger, Marquardt pressed forward and tried to outgun his opponent, but Tarec was too fast and technical and was always one or two steps ahead of the champion. Whether Tarec will carry this profound success into the UFC is anyone's guess. Clearly, he is one of the better point fighters to come out of Strikeforce, but he didn't seem to want to commit himself to a fight-ending flurry, even when Marquardt was crippled. Tarec would be ill advised to play a point-fighting game against opponents like Johnny Hendricks or Josh Koscheck, who possess one-punch knockout power and aren't afraid to headhunt until they land it. Still, I'm interested to see what Tarec can do in the UFC.

Haven't watched the fight yet being at work and all... but judging from the way it sounds, the WW divisions newest gatekeeper josh koscheck may be a good first fight. if not him, matt brown may be a good one

That would be great, couldn't have happened to better guy. Plus he's just starting his stride and he's only 26 years old. Yeah, can you say duh... His next fight should def. be in the UFC...

One of my favourite fighters in the world. Had him pulling off the upset because his style could frustrate a guy like Nate. Don't see him doing great in the UFC though. Too many physically dominating WW's. I certainly do hope I'm wrong though.

Marquardt looked like he was physically larger than Saffiedine.

If anything, it's the wrestling of the UFC WW division he should be worried about.

Marquardt looked like he was physically larger than Saffiedine.

If anything, it's the wrestling of the UFC WW division he should be worried about.

That's what I mean though. Physically larger doesn't mean physically dominant. It's that wrestling style that he might struggle with. A guy like Pierce or Hathaway would be bad fights for him. Kinda reminds me of when Pettis joined on a high note. He looked great defending the TD's tonight though.

I think he'll get someone who's higher up in the ranks.

Maybe they will, but I don't think they (UFC brass) see him as a potential contender yet, and will book him against exciting, non-wrestlling guys on FX/FOX first and try to build his name a bit more.

The highest ranked guys I can see them giving him for his first UFC fight is Kampmann, but I think someone ranked a little lower is what he will get for his debut.

I watched all of his fights except for last night and always found him very boring. I'll watch it later

interesting that he's from team quest though

Erick is way more explosive.

Who cares, Tarec is way more technical. Marquart was supposed to be way more explosive to. Tarec went to work like a surgeon systematcically taking him apart and diffusing his explosiveness. Very little doubt Saffiedine would give Eric lots of problems.

Who cares, Tarec is way more technical. Marquart was supposed to be way more explosive to. Tarec went to work like a surgeon systematcically taking him apart and diffusing his explosiveness. Very little doubt Saffiedine would give Eric lots of problems.

Silva's judo makes him more likely to get the fight to the floor than Nate who's wrestling has never been a strong point. On the feet it would be very interesting but I would give Saffiedine the advantage, but Silva can't be counted out on the feet he has great speed and power

I watched all of his fights except for last night and always found him very boring. I'll watch it later

interesting that he's from team quest though

I've watched all of his recent fights and always found him to be extremely technical with his Muay Thai, which is extremely enjoyable to watch, and I always found the rest of his game to be extremely underrated, which is why I was one of the few who maintained for the weeks leading up to his fight with Marquart, that he could easily win it. If you are going to tell me he was boring or unimpressive when he handed Scott Smith his ass, I really have to wonder what you actually enjoy about the sport, clearly not high level technical Muay Thai.

Silva's judo makes him more likely to get the fight to the floor than Nate who's wrestling has never been a strong point. On the feet it would be very interesting but I would give Saffiedine the advantage, but Silva can't be counted out on the feet he has great speed and power

I still think that Eric would have a hard time getting the fight down, and then you have to keep Tarec down which will be another difficult task for Eric. Saffiedine also just showed incredible conditioning in his ability to dominate Nate for 5 rounds, where Eric showed against Fitch his conditioning is not strong.

Back