Tapping well before the danger zone

I think I should clarify that tapping early doesn't mean I tap as soon as a guy gets a sub. I tap once i realize that it's check mate and I tap just before the inevitable pain. It's a good way to save my joints. I have my go to escapes that I use and if I'm all out of tricks and I know it's coming, I just tap. I'm smart enough to know when I have no escapes left. So why wait for the pain if you know you're in check mate?

You don't no me, you don't know my Bjj journey and you don't know what injuries I've been through. The irony is you think I'm generalizing....

I'm comfortable in Bjj and don't like ping pong. But I'm a good sized guy. Not the biggest guy in my gym but about 6-1 210ish and you know what I got tired of that first 6 months?? Getting my arm torqued and hearing "man I didn't mean to go so hard but you're a strong guy if I don't go hard for it I won't get it". If I had a dollar for everyone that told me that back then Id have the best gi collection on earth. After one time where it happens to where I spit out my mouth piece yelling Xande pulled me aside and told me "you already made the mistake a while ago. Try one escape, tap, then discuss

Back