Tapping to strikes

No shame in it. Why risk further damage if you don't have to. If you tap to subs you should have no problem tapping to strikes. If you suffer some serious damage or can't advance your position and are just taking an unnecesary beating than the smart thing is to tap and fight another day.
If anything I think more corners should utilize the towel. Some guys take way too much damage and their corners don't protect them.
Fuckin shameful.

"I wasn't tapping. I was flailing"

- Foe-rest Gerfin

Shit like that is why I started hating Forrest, Im no tito fan but the last fight was the icing on the cake for me.

No shame in it. Why risk further damage if you don't have to. If you tap to subs you should have no problem tapping to strikes. If you suffer some serious damage or can't advance your position and are just taking an unnecesary beating than the smart thing is to tap and fight another day.
If anything I think more corners should utilize the towel. Some guys take way too much damage and their corners don't protect them.
Fuckin shameful.

I agree with this as most do but majority of the people who bring this up is to stir the shogun shit pot(which is funny)

I missed the start of the prelims, anyone got a gif of the Jon Tuck Jake Lindsey finish? Did he tap to a heel kick to the liver or something?

I missed the start of the prelims, anyone got a gif of the Jon Tuck Jake Lindsey finish? Did he tap to a heel kick to the liver or something?

I don't have the gift, but yeah. He tried to tap with his trapped hand but also verbally tapped. Pretty wild fight. Most body shots I've seen in a while.

well there's two different types of taps to strikes. there's the kind where a corner should/ could prob throw a towel in, then there's the kind that involve paul buentello

There's no shame in tapping to strikes
There is shame in trying to look tough and getting injured

Shogun's tapping didn't stop the fight. The fight had actually been called when he started tapping not because he was tapping.

And the beating he took in that fight, it's amazing people talk shit about that. The ref knew it was over, Shogun fought until he couldn't anymore, you sherdoggers that talk shit about that are the worst of cowards.

856068800.gif

Better than tapping to chokes or arm bars, at least from a grappler's POV.

Don't tap to a choke, the worst that happens is you go out and the ref breaks it up when you go out. Happens all the time in judo and BJJ even in class, almost never any long term affects.

Don't tap to an arm bar, the worst that happens is you break a bone, ligament and/or tendon. Modern medicine is very good at fixing that (much worse happens in many car accidents or industrial accidents). You're out of action for half a year to a year, 90% of the time no long term consequences. This too happens all the time in judo, and fairly often in BJJ. Rarely a big deal years later.

Don't tap to a leg lock (heel hook etc). Okay, this can lead to knee damage, which can have long term career consequences, but usually not long term life consequences (again modern surgery is very good at fixing this kind of injury). Better to tap, but less risky than not tapping to strikes.

Don't tap to strikes. Can lead to brain damage. And there's not a single thing modern medicine can do to help you. There should be less criticism of tapping to strikes than any of the others, since its the only one that saves you from life long disability.

So tapping to strikes makes way more sense than tapping to other submissions; if its a question of toughness, its less tough to tap to everything else, since they don't have long term consequences.

Back