tapping to strikes should not be looked down upon.

What about quitting from a inside leg kick screaming like a little girl?

FatLastAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

Silva tapped to low kicks from cannonier

Anderson definitely isn’t GOAT. I guess it’s expected of him to quit from a inside leg kick that’s why it’s hardy ever talked about but GSP’s fight from 13 years ago is. Levels

but sometimes refs suck. If a fighter is submitting to strikes it almost always means the ref is not doing his job.

Not really. Ref is suppose to step in when the fighter is no longer intelligently defending himself.

Fighters are literally trained to fight until ref stops it. Some are even pissed when ref stops the fight n argue early stoppage even though they looked done.

tapping to strikes is the exact opposite of that. Instead of fighting till the end n let ref do his job (or if ref “sucks” let your corner throw in the towel) you quit.

fighters are train to tap to a sub. They are not trained to tap to strikes. It just shows metal weakness,

brain damage is worse than a broken bone. Bones heal Neurons do not

bones might (sometimes never as strong as before) but ligaments n joints don’t.

you mess those up n you’ll never be the same again.

also it would take long time to recover.

Potential brain damage is reality of fighting,

you don’t want potential brain damage? Don’t become a pro fighter

@grimballer and @BRASIL WAND not surprised to see you spewing these tough guy barroom-cliches.

Just because you'll get hit in the face while fighting, doesn't mean that it's stupid to at least try to get as few brain damage as possible when fighting.

It's basically like heavy smokers saying that "so much things cause cancer anyway" - turns out that many heavy smokers suffer from lung cancer way more often though, for some reason.

fighting is tough sport. It’s not tennis.

If you’re not tough, you’re in wrong field.

n your anology doesn’t make sense.

they’re already getting hit in the head (smoking)

it would be more like a smoker refusing to smoke cigars n argue they are not good for health

I’m a fan but Anderson has pretty much tapped to strikes as well.

fighting is tough sport. It’s not tennis.

If you’re not tough, you’re in wrong field.

n your anology doesn’t make sense.

they’re already getting hit in the head (smoking)

it would be more like a smoker refusing to smoke cigars n argue they are not good for health
It does make sense. There's a difference between sometimes smoking a cigar and smoking several packs a day.
The thing is though, that in the case of more or less cigarettes, you're not even guaranteed to get worse health with each cigarette, while each blow to your head will definitely have a negative impact on your brain health, which is why it makes sense to avoid unnecessary damage.

There's no way around it. If a fighter doesn't want to tap to strikes, that's fine, but it's stupid to blame a fighter for tapping to strikes, especially when he's in a position where he'd get finished anyways.

Because looking down upon it helps push an angle of my fighter is superior to yours. If my fighter were to tap to strikes I then would do some simple mental gymnastics where in that circumstance it was ok. It’s a game of chess on here.

It does make sense. There's a difference between sometimes smoking a cigar and smoking several packs a day.
The thing is though, that in the case of more or less cigarettes, you're not even guaranteed to get worse health with each cigarette, while each blow to your head will definitely have a negative impact on your brain health, which is why it makes sense to avoid unnecessary damage.

There's no way around it. If a fighter doesn't want to tap to strikes, that's fine, but it's stupid to blame a fighter for tapping to strikes, especially when he's in a position where he'd get finished anyways.

but we’ve often seen fighters be in tough spots n look like they’re done n then come from behind n win.

Again it makes no sense to complain about brain damage in a sport where possibility of brain damage exist.

getting hit in the head is not good for the brain n fighters know that n still volunteer to get inside of the cage n fight.

That would be like becoming a cop or a solider, but then refusing to use your weapon cause you’re against gun violence.

When you sign up for something you’re expected to fully commit.

I mean should fighters start tapping everytime they get hit hard to avoid brain damage?

I think many fighters hiddenly "tap" to strikes by giving up their back and neck for easy chokes.

Rampage, Conor, Rumble, Chael and many others have done this.

I think there is no shame in ensuring you don't suffer more damage than need be if you know you are beat. Prolongs your career and health.

What about quitting from a inside leg kick screaming like a little girl?

FatLastAmphibian-size_restricted.gif
to make matters worse Anderson was a defending UFC champion in his prime here!

good thing gsp was 44 years old when Matt Serra destroyed him, right?
<DirkMavs>

to make matters worse Anderson was a defending UFC champion in his prime here!

good thing gsp was 44 years old when Matt Serra destroyed him, right?
<DirkMavs>

Anderson was a grown man fighting in his own country when he quit and screamed like a little girl from a inside leg kick

<28>

Stupid is NOT tapping when you lost.

Brain cells FTW!

but we’ve often seen fighters be in tough spots n look like they’re done n then come from behind n win.

Again it makes no sense to complain about brain damage in a sport where possibility of brain damage exist.

getting hit in the head is not good for the brain n fighters know that n still volunteer to get inside of the cage n fight.

That would be like becoming a cop or a solider, but then refusing to use your weapon cause you’re against gun violence.

When you sign up for something you’re expected to fully commit.

I mean should fighters start tapping everytime they get hit hard to avoid brain damage?
I see where you're going with your first sentence, and sure, if the possibilty to come back is there and the fighter taps - than that's a stupid move, but i fail to see how it warrants saying anything more than "he shouldnt've done that".

I'm not complaining about brain damage, i'm just saying that it makes perfect sense for MMA-fighters to not risk any further brain damage. There's compromises in life and this is also one.

Regarding your cop/soldier-comparison: i think that's different. gun violence means - for most people at least i guess - the excessive use of guns/the use of guns which does not fall under policemen etc. doing their duty.

As for signing up and fully commit: there's not a rule which says you're not allowed to tap, so it's hardly the case that a fighter fails to commit their "duty" or something like that.

bones might (sometimes never as strong as before) but ligaments n joints don’t.

you mess those up n you’ll never be the same again.

also it would take long time to recover.

Potential brain damage is reality of fighting,

you don’t want potential brain damage? Don’t become a pro fighter
no other cells can heal, neurons can not.

Back