tapping to strikes should not be looked down upon.

Lol go into a serious gym and admit you’d tap to strikes... please post the reaction.

<BC1>
Lol.

Serious gym with guys tougher than shogun, gsp, mir, etc..... haha....

Like this?
Matt-Serra-vs-GSP-Knockout-GIF-TKO.gif

Absolutely not, this is embarrassing.

It shouldn't be, but it is. The logic behind the criticism is, if you can think to tap, you can think to defend and try to get out of the bad position you're in.

On the other side of it, if you know you're done, it's ok. I don't have a problem with it. If their options are more brain damage or tap and live to fight another day, I get it. Brain damage is real. You can die or get turned into a vegetable in there. It's not a game.

People "tap to strikes" all the time, they just keep it on the dl...like shooting for a half assed takedown on a guy that's really good at submissions and giving him your back. Looking at you, Conor.

People look for an out all the time. In a lot of ways, it takes more balls to tap to strikes because you know you're gonna catch shit from a bunch of keyboard warriors who've never trained a day in their life, much less fought an elite fighter.

You are going to get a lot of shit in this thread, but you are completely right.

I agree. I don't see how tapping to a choke can possibly be seen as more honorable than tapping to strikes, considering the former is less painful and has far lesser chances of inflicting permanent damage that can hurt your career and quality of life.

It's all a matter of context. If someone pulls a Bob Sapp and falls down and taps to a light jab, sure, go ahead and call them on it. But if a professional fighter has been rocked and is eating strikes they know they can't effectively answer, I don't see why they don't have the same right to signal their lack of intent to continue as they would if their opponent was cranking an arm or squeezing their neck instead.

typical no good basement dwelling keyboard warrior
you the type of dude to get salad tossed to avoid a fight
shut the fuck up

>Keyboard warrior

Yet you just joined the forum and IRONICALLY already have yellows for jawing off with your keyboard...

No wonder you defend tapping to strikes LOL.

<36>

that’s cause broken limbs could be career ending.

n if you’re concerned with brain damage maybe fighting isn’t for you
brain damage is worse than a broken bone. Bones heal Neurons do not

I agree. I don't see how tapping to a choke can possibly be seen as more honorable than tapping to strikes, considering the former is less painful and has far lesser chances of inflicting permanent damage that can hurt your career and quality of life.

It's all a matter of context. If someone pulls a Bob Sapp and falls down and taps to a light jab, sure, go ahead and call them on it. But if a professional fighter has been rocked and is eating strikes they know they can't effectively answer, I don't see why they don't have the same right to signal their lack of intent to continue as they would if their opponent was cranking an arm or squeezing their neck instead.
I'm not talking about someone who throws a fight like Sapp. I'm talking about someone who gave his all is now defenseless . I agree if someone throws a fight like Bob Sapp that is different and they should be ridiculed.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about someone who throws a fight like Sapp. I'm talking about someone who gave is all is now defenseless . I agree if someone throws a fight like Bob Sapp that is different and they should be ridiculed.

I know. I'm agreeing with you. Tapping to strikes after a fighter has been rocked and feels they are incapable of defending themselves is totally legitimate.

The logic behind it is while you are covered you can still try and recover position while in a locked up submission you are risking a serious injury or getting choked out. There those who tap to strikes dont even try to fight it out they just crumble and are considered weak.

tapping to strikes from a manlet should be though

Yeah it’s stupid that people bash fighters for it. On the plus side, it’s a pretty good way to tell if a fan is an idiot or not
the only times I can think of a fighter tapping to strikes the ref should have stopped it a long time before,

The logic behind it is while you are covered you can still try and recover position while in a locked up submission you are risking a serious injury or getting choked out. There those who tap to strikes dont even try to fight it out they just crumble and are considered weak.
yeah sure if they were to tap when they had a chance then sure that's weak. But I'm talking about basically every fighter who has tapped to strikes, they couldn't defend themselves. They were getting their ass kicked and couldn't even cover up. That's who I am talking about.

Why do people seem to think I was talking about GSP?

Back