tapping to strikes should not be looked down upon.

Yeah it’s stupid that people bash fighters for it. On the plus side, it’s a pretty good way to tell if a fan is an idiot or not

It could be, but once again you’re in wrong profession if brain damage is your concern

getting punched/kicked in the face isn’t healthy
It could be? That's a pretty optimistic outlook you have on brain damage and the longevity of a fighting career. If you're in the shit in a fight, there is fuck all wrong with tapping, sub/strikes. Its the fighters choice, only they know what their going through

It could be, but once again you’re in wrong profession if brain damage is your concern

getting punched/kicked in the face isn’t healthy
So why do football players and hockey players wear helmets? Brain damage is super common..... It might be to reduce the risk. Fighters care about their brains 100% and anyfighter I know is super careful about training and being safe.

Why let somebody bounce your brain inside your skull when you know you're not fit to compete.

If a fighter taps to strikes it should trigger an instant investigation/review from the AC into the ref and the corner. It's not like these guys have a lot of quit in them so in most cases it's just neglect by the refs and corner.

Still no shame on the fighter.

Yeah okay, WASTE the thousands of dollars you invested in training camp, the countless hours of grind, your coaches time, the sparring bodies you beat up, etc... All because you lose morale from a little excretion and a few punches.

It’s your corners job to throw the towel if that’s the case, NOT yours WIMP.

<JonesDXSuckIt>
Okay, and if I'm ever cornering a fighter I'll tell him to make sure to take more of a beating to make knobs like you happy.

Also you're admitting you lost the fight when you tap. It's not like you're stealing the win by some BS rule. What's wrong with admitting a loss?

@grimballer and @BRASIL WAND not surprised to see you spewing these tough guy barroom-cliches.

Just because you'll get hit in the face while fighting, doesn't mean that it's stupid to at least try to get as few brain damage as possible when fighting.

It's basically like heavy smokers saying that "so much things cause cancer anyway" - turns out that many heavy smokers suffer from lung cancer way more often though, for some reason.

Word

This whole "going out on your shield mentality" we've got going on in mma needs to be toned the fuck down. It's stopping corners from throwing the towel too. Fighters are taking way to much unnecessary damage.

What happens when your chin is too good like shoguns. You should just keep risking brain damage ?

Gsp nuthuggers still can’t let it go?

there’s obvious difference between tapping to strikes n tapping to a sub

with a sub you’re stuck in that position n can’t get out. Tapping prevents either going to sleep or getting your arm/leg snapped

With strikes you’re not stuck in that position (unless it’s crucifix) n you can still move n try to improve your position. Tapping shows lack of heart or willingness to push through an uncomfortable position.
I wasn't talking about GSP. I am not a fan of him because I find his fights boring but he is a great fighter. It's weird people are calling me a GSP nuthugger when my profile pic is Fedor.

Conor would never tap to strikes. His family name was banished by King Jameson at the time because their bloodline is too savage

Okay, and if I'm ever cornering a fighter I'll tell him to make sure to take more of a beating to make knobs like you happy.
Nothing makes knobs like him happy.

How is it okay to tap to a choke but not to tap because someone is beating the hell out of you and you can't defend yourself? I have been choked to unconsciousness it's not close to as bad as being beaten while you can't defend yourself.

It's usually the ref really fucking up (or it's Mario) that requires a fighter to tap to strikes. A badly hurt fighter really just have to cover up like a turtle while looking like he has zero intention of fighting back for the ref to quickly stop the fight and thus saving the fighter the embarrassment of tapping to strikes. So that's usually as quick as tapping to a sub.

Of course, if Mario was the ref.... yeah, totally OK to tap to strikes.

It's usually the ref really fucking up (or it's Mario) that requires a fighter to tap to strikes. A badly hurt fighter really just have to cover up like a turtle while looking like he has zero intention of fighting back for the ref to quickly stop the fight and thus saving the fighter the embarrassment of tapping to strikes. So that's usually as quick as tapping to a sub.

Of course, if Mario was the ref.... yeah, totally OK to tap to strikes.
the ref should stop it before the fighter has to tap to strikes but it happens. Fighters tap to strikes the same way they tap to a submission when they are defenseless if they can defend themselves they do.

Back