tapping to strikes should not be looked down upon.

campbecc

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How is it okay to tap to a choke but not to tap because someone is beating the hell out of you and you can't defend yourself? I have been choked to unconsciousness it's not close to as bad as being beaten while you can't defend yourself.

You are going to get a lot of shit in this thread, but you are completely right.

It’s the REFS job to stop the fight from strikes, it’s the WIMPS job to tap to strikes.

<JonesLaugh>

Nah man. There is a code of honour among men. You don't tap to strikes. You just bleed.

Men are only supposed to tap that ass.

Yeah it's stupid

If I tap to an armbar, or tap to strikes I'm saying the same thing: "I don't want you to inflict any further harm from this point forward"

Weidman should have tapped to strikes versus rockhold. I'm still pissed off at that one, such a retarded referee.

You must be the biggest gap fan and making excuses for him. I don’t know of a so called Goat tapping to strikes!

How is it okay to tap to a choke but not to tap because someone is beating the hell out of you and you can't defend yourself? I have been choked to unconsciousness it's not close to as bad as being beaten while you can't defend yourself.
often guys want to tap but they cant because if they do they open up and get their shit pushed in

People perceive it as with strikes you can still recover but with a submission that's locked in there is no way out.

Like, tapping to a sub because you've already lost, you're going to go out/get a broken limb
But tapping to strikes there's still a chance at recovery because you haven't been put away

It's ridiculous how people criticize it.

Yeah how dare a fighter want to prevent unnecessary brain damage.

I wouldn't worry too much about that guy. I'm pretty sure his gimmick is being completely wrong about everything.

Lol go into a serious gym and admit you’d tap to strikes... please post the reaction.

<BC1>

People perceive it as with strikes you can still recover but with a submission that's locked in there is no way out.

Like, tapping to a sub because you've already lost, you're going to go out/get a broken limb
But tapping to strikes there's still a chance at recovery because you haven't been put away
That might be the perception, but it's wrong. A fighter knows when they are done. Maybe they are injured. Maybe they can't see.

Gsp nuthuggers still can’t let it go?

there’s obvious difference between tapping to strikes n tapping to a sub

with a sub you’re stuck in that position n can’t get out. Tapping prevents either going to sleep or getting your arm/leg snapped

With strikes you’re not stuck in that position (unless it’s crucifix) n you can still move n try to improve your position. Tapping shows lack of heart or willingness to push through an uncomfortable position.

I'll bite.
Plenty of fights in the street end with one dude telling the other he's had enough.

Mark Munoz could of used this method against Chris Weidman. Looking back, I don't think anyone would of thought less of Mark as man for tapping to that beat down.

Broken limbs are an issue, brain damage not so much around here...

Back