Tapout mma sparring gloves???

Mackavelli

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone used these? can you comment on them?
MMA Sparring Gloves by TapouT-Combatsports.com
TG13.JPG

I need a cheap pair, but would like decent quality. These are only $17.49.

The other ones I was considering that I read about here this forum are the Fairtex Combat Sparring Gloves at $30
tg20.jpg

Taking the price into consideration, which would you recommend?

Go with the fairtex hands down, I remember hearing that the tapouts came apart at the seems in a short amount of time.

I've used the TapOut shinguards for a while with no problem. If these are your first gloves or you're on a budget, get the TapOuts.

I've used the Fairtex for a couple of years now and really like them,they stayed together well,got scuffed and grubby but no rips or tears and padding has lasted well.

If you're on a budget the CSI ones for 14 have had a pretty good word of mouth rep from what I've heard.

i have the csi ones theve lasted me pretty long

but fairtex at that price u cant go wrong

If you're going to go Shooto style gloves, then the $30 Fairtex seem to be good quality with full protection.

I'm not a big fan of big names like Everlast and Tapout, just because their cheaper gear is really a "get what you pay for" deal. And $20 for gloves is pretty much a terrible investment. The difference between the Fairtex is that they are actually like $70 gloves being offered at more than 55% off.

i would get both just because i like gear

If you're on a budget the CSI ones for 14 have had a pretty good word of mouth rep from what I've heard.

Just checked these out, thats a really good deal, I might go with them.

The fairtex do look really nice and padded, but I figure theres no point in getting just one pair when my training partners' gloves are are going to be different. This is also the first time I will use these smaller gloves and probably one time a weak or less.

Back