"tapered" shorts ( no draw string )

DI99

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
looking at getting a pair of red vitor belfort nogi shorts: NO GI Vitor Belfort Red Competition Series Gi/Fight Shorts

it says that they sized with a tapered waiste, and i read that there's no elastic string. so im wondering what size i should get because i dont want them to be falling off lol.
the shorts i wear now are 34's, i have a pair of jaco , bad boy, and venom. they all fit good but i use the draw string because there a little tiny bit loose. so should i order 32's for a tapered waiste/no string? or should i go with the 34's

I own a pair of those shorts in green, and I wear a size 32 in jeans and ordered the same they ended up being way to small. I sold it on ebay and got the 34's.
they fit great and dont fall off because of the way they are cut and you have alot of freedom of movement. you should get the size 34's if you wear a 32 or 33 normally.

I own a pair of those shorts in green, and I wear a size 32 in jeans and ordered the same they ended up being way to small. I sold it on ebay and got the 34's.
they fit great and dont fall off because of the way they are cut and you have alot of freedom of movement. you should get the size 34's if you wear a 32 or 33 normally.

thanks. also, whats up with the string thing on the front, i heard it has some type or slit or hole in it and it serves a purpose, but i have no clue what it is for. do you know what im talking about?

They do have a drawstring, it just doesn't go all the way around your waist, it's more to secure the shorts in place than to adjust the size. So you don't want to go too far off your normal size, I usually wear a 30 and these in 30 fit me great, you probably could go one size up if you really wanted too but I suggest ordering what you usually wear.

last question about it though is still about the hole/slit thing, foppa21 spoke about it in his review that he posted about these shorts. heres what he said:

These pair of shorts also have my personal favourite when it comes to closures systems. I’m not sure if you guys are aware of it, but it’s the same as the same as the original sprawls. Small negative here however, in that the loop which the lace goes through it’s a slit, I would recommend that possibly a hole would make it easier however you would have to reinforce it with a ****l eyelet and you might have problems with commissions for mma and rules for grappling tourneys with regards to that.

anyone know exactly what he means by this?

the string and hole are there to re-enforce the velcro on the waist. you cant tighten them from there but it will keep them locked in place. i have competed in these shorts (their my favorite for comps because of the traction i get in armbars and freedom of movement) at NAGA and Grapplers quest, i had no problem at all with the refs and no mention of the string at all... even if they did, you could simply cut it off because the velcro is strong enough to hold them on. i dont know about MMA, but u would probably have to cut the string off as to not have anything that fingers/toes can get caught in.

last question about it though is still about the hole/slit thing, foppa21 spoke about it in his review that he posted about these shorts. heres what he said:

These pair of shorts also have my personal favourite when it comes to closures systems. I

These pair of shorts also have my personal favourite when it comes to closures systems. I

the string and hole are there to re-enforce the velcro on the waist. you cant tighten them from there but it will keep them locked in place. i have competed in these shorts (their my favorite for comps because of the traction i get in armbars and freedom of movement) at NAGA and Grapplers quest, i had no problem at all with the refs and no mention of the string at all... even if they did, you could simply cut it off because the velcro is strong enough to hold them on. i dont know about MMA, but u would probably have to cut the string off as to not have anything that fingers/toes can get caught in.

Just tuck it into your shorts lol

Where the lace goes through there is a slit. I don't really know how to explain it much better but I'll try...

It's a hole that looks like this -
instead of this o

It's a non-issue really, not sure why he would even mention it.

Again, I nitpick. Apart for Kristin Kreuk, there's no such thing as perfection

Don't think I've ever been quoted in a review here before.

Which part do you mean?
)

yeah i just meant the part where it looks like there is a little string on the outside on the front of the shorts ( on the waist )

Ties the same way as the old skool sprawls (pre drawstring). I actually prefer shorts without a drawstring. People have just gotta learn to buy the right size. Being in between sizes doesn't really make a difference. It's just marginally tighter (never got looser)

Ties the same way as the old skool sprawls (pre drawstring). I actually prefer shorts without a drawstring. People have just gotta learn to buy the right size. Being in between sizes doesn't really make a difference. It's just marginally tighter (never got looser)

can you explain what you mean by the pre drawstring. all of my shorts have the drawstring on the inside ofcourse and this is the first time i seen something on the outside so im a bit confused about it.

can you explain what you mean by the pre drawstring. all of my shorts have the drawstring on the inside ofcourse and this is the first time i seen something on the outside so im a bit confused about it.

Google it. The first 2-3 iterations of sprawls didn't have drawstrings. The closure system were the same as the NoGis you're talking about. Like EXACTLY the same.

Google it. The first 2-3 iterations of sprawls didn't have drawstrings. The closure system were the same as the NoGis you're talking about. Like EXACTLY the same.

think i got it figured out, thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back