Tank Abbott vs. "Cabbage" Correira (I & II) [GOAT HW Brawlers]

keep in mind Derrick Lewis fought for a title. derrixk Lewis isn’t even on the same level as gary goodridge.

40+ year old men are still at the top of the division until just last year.

Most of the guys that Lewis beat in the UFC would steamroll any version of Goodrich. Lewis might not be the most fundamental fighter, but he's strong as a bear and hits like a truck.

Most of the guys that Lewis beat in the UFC would steamroll any version of Goodrich. Lewis might not be the most fundamental fighter, but he's strong as a bear and hits like a truck.

There’s always been guys like Lewis who are strong and have great power. He has some really solid wins. But he’s just a big guy who hits hard.
Lewis has better wins but they’re similar fighters.
Goodridge is probably more we’ll rounded and better condition.
Lewis is more durable. More power. And that’s working for him.
But I pretty much agree with ya.

I think Igor Vovchanchyn & Mark Hunt are the goat HW brawlers.

One thing I learned about Tank, going back to watch his fights.

When he didn't KO the guy, he was usually quite boring.

Not what I expected.

hmmm...pretty lazy assessment.

It's true. Besides Oleg and an ancient Don Frye anytime he ever faced a top guy he lost. 90% of Lewis's UFC competition would have crushed Goodrich.

It's true. Besides Oleg and an ancient Don Frye anytime he ever faced a top guy he lost. 90% of Lewis's UFC competition would have crushed Goodrich.
Losin´& performin´ are 2 different perspectives.
If I ask ya about your assessment on the Heath fight, for instance, what are you gonna say?

Meanwhile, since ya said "any version", ya must have a clear understandin´of his skill set´s evolution & the influence of all those different Fight Configurations on it.
Can ya elaborate?

Tank was a great character. Cabbage, meh.

Both fairly dreadful fighters that make Derek Lewis look as technical as FMJ.

Tank had a heavy jab.

Cabbage had good boxing....not sure what youre talking about.

Back