Tank Abbott vs. "Cabbage" Correira (I & II) [GOAT HW Brawlers]

Like two slugs aggressively trying to mate. Tough guys though but very unskilled compared to todays fighters. Neither would be ufc caliber or maybe even bellator

Tank was my favorite fighter back in the NHB days in the 90's. Win or lose he always brought it. He wasn't just a bar brawler either. He had a legit athletic background as a collegiate wrestler. Yeah was a bit of a loose cannon, but I think he was trying to portray a character.

>Windmilling brawlers

Right on par with today’s UFC HW “talent” like Derrick Lewis and Ngannou.

<seedat>

Tank tested that chin that couldn't be knocked out...

That's easily Tank's best win. It shocked me when it happened. I knew he was "still dangerous," but I never expected him to floor Cabbage.

I loved it when Tank knocked Cabbage out, that was epic.. so many good memories, some of my favorite memories was actually Tank on commentary LOL, he was beyond hilarious, still can't believe they didn't remove him.

"I got raped by Dan Severn, he was on top of me and I admit I did enjoy it because I felt like I was getting raped by Freddy Mercury"

"Yeah whats his name? Glam Cock or something" . Jeff Blatnick - ''thats Ken Shamrock for the viewers''

"Yeah the Polar Bear, I was actually getting sexually aroused while smashing him, Varelans would get beat by any version of me".

"Beating people up is a positive thing"

"I'm gonna be the most ATHLETIC person thats ever stepped into the octagon, that coupled with my world class experiences will definitely make me the UFC 6 champ". LOL says the fat belly alcoholic street fighter lol. WAR TANK!!!!!

giphy.gif

Fe6T1LW.gif

Last edited:
I'm just watching a couple of good fights. Tank was a badass and a pioneer of the sport.

It was a fun fight but no he is not a legend and pioneer. He appealed to a small portion of rednecks and hillbillies of the time who identified with his massive gut and utter lack of athleticism and skill. Yes, I know he wad a wrestler eons before his MMA career

Don Frye, Dan Severn, the Shamrock brothers and others are legends and pioneers of that time, and Tank Abbot was a fat brawler who shouldn't be mentioned among them. The Butterbean of MMA. On top of that, he was a terrible person and still is. I like his fight with Vitor where he was quickly exposed when he faced a fighter of real quality in Belfort who was a real athlete who put in the work and was tremendously skilled. Look what happened.

I just re-watched this fight the other day.

Epic KO... always loved Abbott. Shoulda called it a career after this one... was bad blood with Cabbage too IIRC.

Kimbo fight was the only other fight where I rooted against him.

I loved it when Tank knocked Cabbage out, that was epic.. so many good memories, some of my favorite memories was actually Tank on commentary LOL, he was beyond hilarious, still can't believe they didn't remove him.

"I got raped by Dan Severn, he was on top of me and I admit I did enjoy it because I felt like I was getting raped by Freddy Mercury"

"Yeah whats his name? Glam Cock or something" . Jeff Blatnick - ''thats Ken Shamrock for the viewers''

"Yeah the Polar Bear, I was actually getting sexually aroused while smashing him, Varelans would get beat by any version of me".

"Beating people up is a positive thing"

"I'm gonna be the most ATHLETIC person thats ever stepped into the octagon, that coupled with my world class experiences will definitely make me the UFC 6 champ". LOL says the fat belly alcoholic street fighter lol. WAR TANK!!!!!
I was watching UFC 12 on YouTube a while back and Tank is in the booth and is calling Vitor Belfort's Debut fight against Tra Telligman. I'm pretty sure I rented this on VHS years ago as a teen, but I must have forgot about this :D Telligman was a Lion's Den fighter that has a sunk in chest on one side as he is missing a pectoral muscle and his right lung from a car accident when he was a toddler.
20141225091954_IMG_4465.JPG

A 19 year old Vitor Belfort made pretty quick work of him back at UFC 12. Tank is in the commentary booth and says "I bet Telligman wishes he had another pectoral muscle right now." :D Tank was always such a dick back then.

Time Stamped

Last edited:
I was watching UFC 12 on YouTube. a while back and Tank is in the booth and is calling Vitor Belfort's Debut fight against Tra Telligman. I'm pretty sure I rented this on VHS years ago as a teen, but I must have forgot about this :D Telligman was a Lion's Den fighter that has a sunk in chest on one side as he is missing a pectoral muscle and his right lung from a car accident when he was a toddler.
20141225091954_IMG_4465.JPG

A 19 year old Vitor Belfort made pretty quick work of him back at UFC 12. Tank is in the commentary booth and says "I bet Telligman wishes he had another pectoral muscle right now." :D Tank was always such a dick back then.

Time Stamped

LMAO hahaha :D oh man that is brutal but hilarious, Tank was savage. I couldn't even remember that one lol.

Tank was sooooo hilarious on commentary, and they brought him back a few times too which I was shocked at because he was never following the action or giving any details, he would just negative things only and would say a lot of sexual words haha.

I remember Tank chatting loads of dirt on Tito before too, but I can't remember if it was a interview or on commentary.. it was hilarious though.

Is this one of the "When they came to fight" threads?

Yeah, Tank was a scary fucker, even being 8-10. Could kill anyone with one mitt.

It was a fun fight but no he is not a legend and pioneer. He appealed to a small portion of rednecks and hillbillies of the time who identified with his massive gut and utter lack of athleticism and skill. Yes, I know he wad a wrestler eons before his MMA career

Don Frye, Dan Severn, the Shamrock brothers and others are legends and pioneers of that time, and Tank Abbot was a fat brawler who shouldn't be mentioned among them. The Butterbean of MMA. On top of that, he was a terrible person and still is. I like his fight with Vitor where he was quickly exposed when he faced a fighter of real quality in Belfort who was a real athlete who put in the work and was tremendously skilled. Look what happened.

Tank is for sure a legend and a pioneer. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that he isn't. He made it to four tournament finals. Was picked for a super fight and fought for the HW championship. Tank was very marketable too. Enough to where he made a big enough name to be able to cross over to pro wrestling.

I don't know if you were around to watch back then, but he was every bit as big of name as Ken Shamrock or Royce Gracie when it came to NHB fighting. Don Frye even said that he is one of the toughest guys he ever fought.

Last edited:
Better technique displayed than that shitfest of Usman vs Covington.

Like two slugs aggressively trying to mate. Tough guys though but very unskilled compared to todays fighters. Neither would be ufc caliber or maybe even bellator
Derrick Lewis fought for the HW strap 15 months ago

according to bjm, tank said he couldnt see from the blood, bjm said if u cant see i have to stop the fight, tank said again i cant see

according to bjm, tank said he couldnt see from the blood, bjm said if u cant see i have to stop the fight, tank said again i cant see

And he quit because he was gassed out vs Maurice Smith.
He's not the badass some people here like to pretend he was. He was good for 60 seconds if fighting someone else with no skill or talent.

Back