Tank Abbott mocks his knocked out opponent

Yaram

White Belt
Reaction score
Somehow its quite funny, this happened on UFC 6.
ive just seen a german documentary again after few years, its about pro wrestling, but also about mma. The documentary is from the mid 90s.

Ive already made the link so it starts few seconds before that, but go to the 2:51 mark if it doesnt work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0hYvq_13aY8#t=170

Im pretty sure that they didnt show this on the UFC PPV. Ive seen this event on dvd and also on fight pass and cant recall that it appeared there.

The german narrator says that they (the ufc) didnt want them to film that because its too sadistic, and you hear the woman say something to the camera man.

Might be interesting for some of you, maybe at least for a good laugh.

Last edited:
I saw it on VHS.
Not only did Big John allow one totally unnecessary bomb to land at the end, but then Tank mocked Matua's convulsions.

This was one of the fights that supposedly spurred Senator John McCain into action against NHB fighting.
Although his response may have been politically motivated too...like everything else he does or says. Maverick my ass.

Mocking a guy who is out cold is disgusting low life behavior. You very rarely see this sort of thing from seasoned pro fighters, but put randoms like Abbott in a cage and that's what happens.

This was shown directly on every broadcast of UFC 6 in every region. It's right on the DVD too. It was not taken out for being too "brutal". The documentary is wrong

tankeeabottaho2.gif

Last edited:
Mocking a guy who is out cold is disgusting low life behavior. You very rarely see this sort of thing from seasoned pro fighters, but put randoms like Abbott in a cage and that's what happens.

SleepySphericalBream.gif

I agree

Did you just wake up from a 20 year coma?

What has that to do with anything?
Just because it happened 20 years ago it shouldnt be discussed anymore?
Or maybe because some similar thread exists?

Maybe some people missed that thread and want to talk about it now, why do you people always come to bitch around. Do you think just because you are not interested in this, that the whole world shares your opinion? Why do you bother with it and post anyway if its so obselet.

Come on, just gtfo man.

Last edited:

1. I said 'rarely' if you hadn't noticed. How many times have you seen something like that happen in the UFC?

2. Compared to boxers or Thai boxers who have upwards of 100 ammy + pro fights, most MMA fighters are noobs.

1. I said 'rarely' if you hadn't noticed. How many times have you seen something like that happen in the UFC?

2. Compared to boxers or Thai boxers who have upwards of 100 ammy + pro fights, most MMA fighters are noobs.

Boxing/Thai Boxing is not MMA. They come straight from that to MMA, they will lose. MMA is not a sport where you can be a top fighter with over 100 fights.

If you are disrespectul towards someone before a fight it only makes sense to me to be disrespectful towards him after you knocked him the fuck out and he's laying there on the floor like a retard. Not saying you should be disrespectful, but it doesn't really make sense to me that at first they're all like "he disrespect me, I disrespect him, Imma go knock him out" and then after the KO "he a good fighter, we bros, hespect people". Well maybe I can make sense of it, but I find it a bit lame.

Back