News Tanaka moving up to face Ioka for title in 4th division

Also I guess in Japan it seems to be their big boxing day on New Years Eve where ours is generally the weekends of May 5th and September 16th.
All their main champions have fought numerous times on NYE with the exception of Naoya who seems to always fight the day before on 12/30.

Mayweather-Tenshin. New Years Eve as well.

4 division champ vs 3 division champ. This fight will be awesome, Tanaka has the momentum but Ioka is so crafty. I think Ioka takes it in a close fight. Either way the winners stock goes way up.

https://www.boxingscene.com/kazuto-ioka-vs-kosei-tanaka-title-fight-ordered-by-wbo--146513
I like this fight before they both started in the same weight class moving up.
Massive talent.
Props to Tanaka for going str8 for the animals in a whole 4th new weight class with out any tune ups.

Donnie Nietes return makes this even more interesting. He even talked about super fights with estrada and Chochlitito if it's possible, but mainly he's staying the weight bellow it.

if COVID goes away, the next 3 years will be great for boxing, as I expressed how I'm excited for the flood of good HW prospects rising.

@ironfist05
Big fight New Years Eve.
Who's the pick?
coin flip tbh. I'm leaning towards Ioka just because he's more proven and he's shown that he can beat a lot of different styles along the 115 lbs spectrum. I've always felt Tanaka is a bit overrated, but he's a really good fighter too. I just think Kazuto's body punching and strong fundamentals will carry him through over Tanaka's flashier style.

Awesome fight. I am going for the young lion... but i wouldnt be lion to say that ioka being at the weight longer and generally being more experienced dont worry me... plus his powah is legit.

I like this fight before they both started in the same weight class moving up.
Massive talent.
Props to Tanaka for going str8 for the animals in a whole 4th new weight class with out any tune ups.

Donnie Nietes return makes this even more interesting. He even talked about super fights with estrada and Chochlitito if it's possible, but mainly he's staying the weight bellow it.

if COVID goes away, the next 3 years will be great for boxing, as I expressed how I'm excited for the flood of good HW prospects rising.
Donnie wants to stay at 112? Thats a shame as there are a lot more good fights at 115 than just those two. Him vs Gonzalez would be really cool though because I remember back when Roman dismissed him as not a serious challenger.

Donnie wants to stay at 112? Thats a shame as there are a lot more good fights at 115 than just those two. Him vs Gonzalez would be really cool though because I remember back when Roman dismissed him as not a serious challenger.
idk how much of a shame that is.
All I hear everytime Loma signs to fight anybody is how undersized he is for teh weight class.

Note that it would be Donnie's 5th weight class. That is a lot.

idk how much of a shame that is.
All I hear everytime Loma signs to fight anybody is how undersized he is for teh weight class.

Note that it would be Donnie's 5th weight class. That is a lot.
As a pro? Im pretty sure its only the 4th weight class from the bottom bro. Same as Choco who is #2 in the division, and Donnie is calling out Estrada who is #1 in the division and has already beaten Ioka the #3. I think 112ers would mostly get destroyed by Donnie with the exception of Martinez.

I'm scared shitless of betting on this but I'm feeling ballsy: Ioka by late rounds stoppage (9-12). Tanaka focuses too much on shoeshining sometimes and I think Ioka's superior fundamentals and experience will see him put this together in a late rounds comeback.

where the hell can I watch this lol

Tanaka fight should be starting in 20 - 30 mins I believe.

Fucking awesome fight.

I first saw Ioka vs Akira Yaegashi about a million years ago.

So glad he won this, & what a comeback! Some of the best counter-punching under heavy pressure I've seen all year.

Back