Tampa Boxing

gtsbjj12**

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any good boxing gyms around the South Tampa area? I have been studying jiu-jitsu for around 8 months now. That being said, I would love to train boxing to get a very good stand up game going on. I'm not looking for cardio boxing or anything of that sort. I want to learn boxing for competition. I've trained kickboxing for about 8 months as well; so, I have some base for going into boxing.

Hurricane Boxing Gym
3715 East 7th Avenue, Tampa, FL 33605-4501
(813) 248-3035‎

Or you can do a search for a Police Athletic League (PAL) in your area.

On that side of the Bay you could go to Fight Factory on Spruce by International Plaza. They have cardio boxing classes and stuff like that, but that is where a lot of the local pros train. Calta's on Gandy has a boxing area, but I don't know if any pros train there. There's also 4th Street Boxing in St. Pete, where I train with Jeff Lacy, Lenroy Thomas, Jenna Shiver, Derrick Samuels, and a few other pros.

On that side of the Bay you could go to Fight Factory on Spruce by International Plaza. They have cardio boxing classes and stuff like that, but that is where a lot of the local pros train. Calta's on Gandy has a boxing area, but I don't know if any pros train there. There's also 4th Street Boxing in St. Pete, where I train with Jeff Lacy, Lenroy Thomas, Jenna Shiver, Derrick Samuels, and a few other pros.

Do you know if fight factory also has classes for competition? Cardio boxing is good and all; but I really want to learn how to box competitively.

Do you know if fight factory also has classes for competition? Cardio boxing is good and all; but I really want to learn how to box competitively.

They have pros that train there as well. Miguel Cotto has his camp at that location. Pete Fernandez is a long time trainer in the area. If you are looking to compete, that is the closest location to South Tampa.
There are some cute girls that I've hooked up with that train there too.....it's a good place to be. :)

Back