1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Tampa Boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by gtsbjj12**, Jul 1, 2010.

1. gtsbjj12**

gtsbjj12** White Belt

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any good boxing gyms around the South Tampa area? I have been studying jiu-jitsu for around 8 months now. That being said, I would love to train boxing to get a very good stand up game going on. I'm not looking for cardio boxing or anything of that sort. I want to learn boxing for competition. I've trained kickboxing for about 8 months as well; so, I have some base for going into boxing.

2. Al747

Al747 White Belt

Hurricane Boxing Gym
    3715 East 7th Avenue, Tampa, FL 33605-4501
    (813) 248-3035‎

Or you can do a search for a Police Athletic League (PAL) in your area.

3. Jason Barnett

Jason Barnett White Belt Professional Fighter

On that side of the Bay you could go to Fight Factory on Spruce by International Plaza. They have cardio boxing classes and stuff like that, but that is where a lot of the local pros train. Calta's on Gandy has a boxing area, but I don't know if any pros train there. There's also 4th Street Boxing in St. Pete, where I train with Jeff Lacy, Lenroy Thomas, Jenna Shiver, Derrick Samuels, and a few other pros.

4. gtsbjj12**

gtsbjj12** White Belt

Do you know if fight factory also has classes for competition? Cardio boxing is good and all; but I really want to learn how to box competitively.

5. Jason Barnett

Jason Barnett White Belt Professional Fighter

They have pros that train there as well. Miguel Cotto has his camp at that location. Pete Fernandez is a long time trainer in the area. If you are looking to compete, that is the closest location to South Tampa.
    There are some cute girls that I've hooked up with that train there too.....it's a good place to be. :)