Tamdan McCrory leaves Bellator for UFC: 'I wanted to be back in the sport of MMA'

Kendall Groove, Pacheco, Joe Jager have given a legit fight to Brandon Halsey....

We can immediately dismess your opinion right there. Grove, and Pacheco gave him a LEGIT fight?! You're a fuckin' loon, dude! He manhandled both of them! Rocked grove on the FEET multiple times, took him down at will, and finished him. Took Pacheco down at will. Pacheco didn't have any offense at all that fight!

If you are the champ or even just fighting for the belt it's inexcusable to miss weight. That's supposed to be the pinnacle in your career, if you can't make weight for that that's pretty pathetic. Think about how many champs or challengers have ever missed weight in the UFC. I'm sure Travis Lutter isn't the only one but I can't imagine there are many.

Riggs, Hendricks, there's lots of them. Still missing weight 1 time doesn't mean you can't make weight when he has made 185 3 times before

We can immediately dismess your opinion right there. Grove, and Pacheco gave him a LEGIT fight?! You're a fuckin' loon, dude! He manhandled both of them! Rocked grove on the FEET multiple times, took him down at will, and finished him. Took Pacheco down at will. Pacheco didn't have any offense at all that fight!

Whatever mate, lower level fighters hang in there with him for 15-20 minuts, he miss weight in a tittle fight, can't keep the pace if doesnt finish his opponent early, has never faced a legit top ten, nor an elite grappler in the cage...and you pretend to sell the guy as a legit top ten...Shlemenko was a legit top ten in you book when he was Bellator champ uh?

He's full of shit then. He's been complaining and campaigning for a shot on Twitter for quite a while now.

Tamdan McCrory @TheBarnCatMMA
@ScottCoker @BellatorMMA can we quit pussy-footing around on my title shot? It's been 5 months. Get it together

imo Coker has been terrible for Bellator. All their guys are sitting out, fighting maybe once or twice a year at most. Those tournaments were like BAM, 3 fights and then a title shot, all in a year.

He's full of shit then. He's been complaining and campaigning for a shot on Twitter for quite a while now.

Tamdan McCrory @TheBarnCatMMA
@ScottCoker @BellatorMMA can we quit pussy-footing around on my title shot? It's been 5 months. Get it together

imo Coker has been terrible for Bellator. All their guys are sitting out, fighting maybe once or twice a year at most. Those tournaments were like BAM, 3 fights and then a title shot, all in a year.

Also complaining about lack of fights.

5 months between the Ward and Butcher fight and it's been 6 since that one.

We've seen guys who want fights usually get fights in the UFC. Rarely do we have fighters complaining about not getting fights in the UFC.

Also complaining about lack of fights.

5 months between the Ward and Butcher fight and it's been 6 since that one.

We've seen guys who want fights usually get fights in the UFC. Rarely do we have fighters complaining about not getting fights in the UFC.

Well I wouldn't go that far. I've seen several of the women fighters begging for fights. They just can't complain very hard because there's nowhere better to go.

Like it or not Bellator gave him his shot, huge opportunity and he seized it. Otherwise there'd be no ufc return

I don't think it's Coker I think it's Viacom. Seems like they cut back on the Bellator budget. Which I think is a mistake. IMO this company needs to put on regular shows so people get to see who they are over time.

It's crazy how people in this forum buy the hype of Bellator's champs, same with Askren, Lombard, Eddie...

Kendall Groove, Pacheco, Joe Jager have given a legit fight to Brandon Halsey...those guys would have been dispatched in the first by any top dog in the UFC. Barn Cat could easily be a tough contender and beat him

Halsey is dreadful in the feet and has poor cardio, not to mention he has missed weight and will have problems with it in the future.

Be honest here......did you watch any of those fights? Like at all?

Which promotion signed Ken vs Kimbo, Bonnar vs Tito?

No worse than Anderson vs Bonnar, Tito vs. Ken 3, Rich vs. Ken, Kimbo vs. Houston. Couture vs. Toney... Every org is guilty of it.

UFC is more "sport" than Bellator, but only because they have more depth and more top fighters.

Strikeforce bought out Elite XC, but Coker didn't bring over Kimbo, they didn't need him for ratings, UFC doesn't need CM Punk. Bellator has to do what it has to do to get viewers. Kimbo and Tito are their best options. Viacom might not care much about legitimacy but Scott does.

It's not Bellators fault that the fans would rather see Tito & Kimbo over serious talents like Pitbull, Brooks, Held, Halsey, Liam etc. They're trying to promote their guys. I Blame the media, and the Zuffa-fueled hype machine which promotes the idea that UFC is the only org that matters.

I don't think it's Coker I think it's Viacom. Seems like they cut back on the Bellator budget. Which I think is a mistake. IMO this company needs to put on regular shows so people get to see who they are over time.

We all have to admit that the huge cut back in events hurt bellator in some areas, but it was something that needed to be done. They went througha complete transformation phase. Its only right to right size the company before proceeding...

coker said that they are upping the events for next year with more tentpoles, which is great.. shows growth after the restructuring phase.... its just going to take time to rebuild bellator..... but mma "fans" are an impatient bunch.

Would have made more/easier money being the bellator champ...

This is true but your assuming he goes to the UFC and does poorly. Do you think that's the sort of mentality he has when he goes to the gym? I would guess that in his mind he thinks he can be a top 5 or maybe even champ. If that's the case he could/would end up making more money. He just needs to get sponsors to work with him outside of the UFC events (which he might already have lined up) and win fights which I assume he's confident he can do.

"What aggravated me is that it took five months before we even got down to the nitty-gritty and actually were like, okay, let's make a deal come together," McCrory said. "There was always just talk. There was a talk here and a talk there.

"Then they came at us and said, we'll give you the title shot, but we're only going to pay you just horrible money. And I was like, dudes, I'm not going to take that money. You guys know that's not even close."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/2...-land-in-ufc-after-being-dicked-around-for-so

"My personal opinion is that they didn't know how to use me," McCrory said. "I thought they would say,

He's SPOT ON about Bellator not that arsed about building fighters. That used to be what made the organisation interesting. Tournaments filled with guys you wouldn't necessarily know about unless you spend every waking moment watching low-level promotions with dominant fighters topping the league.

Now it's about signing big-money former UFC fighters with very little long-term gain, and using jobstains with 4-3 records from whatever city they visit, to pad out the prelims.

Brennan Ward's a good fighter, flawed, but good. He gets a lot of exposure coz he's considered a Bellator product. Tamdan was a UFC 'reject' in some ways, who took a massive layoff and promptly returned to decimate some of Bellator's stock guys. They clearly didn't have much interest in him, the same way the UFC throws former Bellator top dogs to the wolves.

See? Politics happen in every MMA promotion.

It sucks, it does. But it's a reality and some posters on this board need to realise it's not only Zuffa that does this kind of stuff.

He'll do fine in the UFC. He won't win the belt - if you're a realist, which again, few here are:

Bellator - Brandon Halsey, Kendall Grove, Doug Marshall, Rafael Carvalho, Joe Schilling, Histaki Kato, Bryan Rogers, Ben Reiter.

UFC - Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, (potentially Anderson Silva) Jacare, Yoel Romero, Michael Bisping, Thales Leites, Dan Henderson, Derek Brunson, Tim Boetsch, Robert Whittaker, Lyoto Machida, Elias Theodorou, Josh Samman.....

Scoff all you like at Elias, Samman, Whittaker....any of those dudes would give Brandon Halsey a tougher fight than Kendall fucking Grove or Doug fucking Marshall, let alone the Rogers of the Bellator world.

If you're serious about your career, you want to be tested. McCrory vs. Josh Samman would be a UFC FN Prelim headliner and a way tougher fight than Tamdan fighting some 8-4 dude from Oklahoma to open the dark matches in Bellator.

Sensible business decision from an intelligent, talented, fairly young fighter who wants to truly test himself instead of fighting nobodies with poor records before getting a title-shot that means less than beating say, Jacare, in the big league.

McCrory was only making around $5000 in sponsorships in Bellator? Thought people were saying fighters would make bank in smaller leagues compared to UFC because of the reebok deal.

McCrory was only making around $5000 in sponsorships in Bellator? Thought people were saying fighters would make bank in smaller leagues compared to UFC because of the reebok deal.

More establish, well-known fighters would.

I'm surprised McCrory even made that much from sponsors

Obviously not if he cited money as being a reason why he didn't resign with Bellator.

Back