Tamdan McCrory leaves Bellator for UFC: 'I wanted to be back in the sport of MMA'

I'm having a hard time imagining what the basis for this complaint is.
He was only contracted for 2 fights, apparently.

5 months in between is too long?
After 5 years away and a weight class change, he should have debuted with a title fight?

He wanted another fight

He's looked good in his last couple of fights, hopefully that carries over to the UFC.

Halsey missed weight all of 1 time. lol!

PS this should be in ufc discussion

If you are the champ or even just fighting for the belt it's inexcusable to miss weight. That's supposed to be the pinnacle in your career, if you can't make weight for that that's pretty pathetic. Think about how many champs or challengers have ever missed weight in the UFC. I'm sure Travis Lutter isn't the only one but I can't imagine there are many.

bjorn's bellator is much better than coker's. coker has no tournaments and less cards. how is that better?

Call me crazy, but I think Ben Reiter is a better challenger. The fight would be boring though, Carvalho would be more exciting.

SUcks for them that Schilling lost, he was def someone they wanted to promote as this two sport Spike tv beast. He would have gotten a title shot if he he beat Kato.

AS for who is next, I dont know, they really need to hope some UFC MW decide to leave cause Bellator isnt building any new MW prospects up.

Lol at the Bellator shills hating on him because he dipped to the premier organization.

Not hating, just think Hasley would have beat him. It's not like people were predicting he would beat Halsey before today.

dumb move. better to be a big fish in a small pond.

he could have made good money KO'ing grove, but instead he's going to have to fight animals.

"the MMA entertainment business"

Which promotion signed CM Punk again?
Punk isn't going to headline. He's just going to be a feature. Bellator is being built around guys like Kimbo, Ken, and others. And maybe the show itself with the WWE entrances, the manufactured promos before hand. Just didn't appeal to Barn Cat.

UFC is much more sport where as Bellator is trying to hype things a different way. Won't be for everyone.

Would have liked for him to stay, but good for him... competition goes both ways... they will both be poaching eachothers talent... fighters win big when this happens

He's not significant to matter much, but I question his decision. He'll probably end up on FS2 prelims, and getting $2500 rbok checks.

G6H5wHU.gif

He's not significant to matter much, but I question his decision. He'll probably end up on FS2 prelims, and getting $2500 rbok checks.
But considering he will be able to fight a lot more often. And be able to prove himself against legit guys I'm sure he's fine with it.

He meant a lot more to Bellator than UFC.

Tamdan's already got 6 UFC fights under his belt. He's on that $5000 reebok deal.

Halsey would've of destroyed him.

It's crazy how people in this forum buy the hype of Bellator's champs, same with Askren, Lombard, Eddie...

Kendall Groove, Pacheco, Joe Jager have given a legit fight to Brandon Halsey...those guys would have been dispatched in the first by any top dog in the UFC. Barn Cat could easily be a tough contender and beat him

Halsey is dreadful in the feet and has poor cardio, not to mention he has missed weight and will have problems with it in the future.

Bellator loves their guys with a UFC pedigree. Don't know why they never gave the Barn Cat any serious promotion.

It's crazy how people in this forum buy the hype of Bellator's champs, same with Askren, Lombard, Eddie...

Kendall Groove, Pacheco, Joe Jager have given a legit fight to Brandon Halsey...those guys would have been dispatched in the first by any top dog in the UFC. Barn Cat could easily be a tough contender and beat him

Halsey is dreadful in the feet and has poor cardio, not to mention he has missed weight and will have problems with it in the future.

Askren, Lombard and Eddie are legit top 10 fighters.

Askren, Lombard and Eddie are legit top 10 fighters.

Any of them is more proven than Halsey but is still debatable:

Lombard was hardly a legit top ten in the MW division, which is what he was considered as Bellator champ

Askren may be but Im not sure how he would deal with the top guys in UFC, or even WSOF. You arent a "legit" top ten just for beating a couple of favourable match ups. He had a really hard time with Jay Hieron for example, not to mention his performance with Santos.

Eddie is a legit top ten in my book, still he was an undisputable top 3 LW by most posters around here while he was Bellator champ.

People overhype Bellator's champs while being still unproven against the legit top guys, and Halsey is just the last example. Or Liam McGeary.

Bellator loves their guys with a UFC pedigree. Don't know why they never gave the Barn Cat any serious promotion.

Well he came off a really long layoff from MMA and only has 2 fights in Bellator. From the article it looks like they wanted to give him the title shot. He probably didn't want the commitment to Bellator since he has his eyes set on UFC.

Back