taking lowkicks

King Kabuki said:
Yeah, what I'm talking about is the conditioning using bamboo and striking of the legs. It gets you used to taking the pain pretty quick, and it's not like a lot of guys think where you just take a stick and wail on your legs. You do it in moderation, and are conscious of injury. In truth it's no more dangerous than kicking a really solid heavybag. Only when you use this method you can condotion parts of your legs kicking a bag doesn't cover, like your hamstrings. Once you're used to the sharp pain of a strike there, after a while you don't feel it in sparring or fights. I've used this method and it works fine with no long-term damage if done properly. It just hurts like shit when you first start doing it.

i agree with king kabuki, the crazy shit really works.

Ian1983 said:
To be honest in fights you don't feel in, but when its over and the adrenaline is gone, it does hurt, but who cares then

say that to Paul Varelans after his fight with Marco Ruas back in UFC 7! :D

King Kabuki said:
Yeah, what I'm talking about is the conditioning using bamboo and striking of the legs. It gets you used to taking the pain pretty quick, and it's not like a lot of guys think where you just take a stick and wail on your legs. You do it in moderation, and are conscious of injury. In truth it's no more dangerous than kicking a really solid heavybag. Only when you use this method you can condotion parts of your legs kicking a bag doesn't cover, like your hamstrings. Once you're used to the sharp pain of a strike there, after a while you don't feel it in sparring or fights. I've used this method and it works fine with no long-term damage if done properly. It just hurts like shit when you first start doing it.

I've done this and it actually helps a lot, another method i've done is with a partner, we'd train by delivering kicks to one anothers thighs both inside and outside going back and forth. Never going full force but enough to condition. We'd do the same thing going shin to shin to condition the bones.

Back