Taking fight on short notice = Accepting to lose

You gotta source your stats dude. I'm not going to believe any figure anybody just pulls out of their ass.

He has no source because he's wrong. The win rate of a fighter taking a fight on short notice is exactly 50% because no matter what if 1 fighter agrees to a fight on short notice then the other fighter is also agreeing to the fight on short notice.

Now obviously he is talking about a replacement fighter coming in that didn't have a camp vs a fighter who was already on the card. If fighters are taking fights without a proper camp and they aren't in shape 100% of the time like someone such as GSP then they probably deserve to lose.

In the end, what counts is the "W". Everything else falls short.

You have to take this into consideration for just about every decision you take in the UFC.

Only the "W" matters.

This. The company loves guys for stepping up to the plate, but it only loves them for about ten minutes after the match up is made and they can move on to the next set of problems they have to deal with to make the event happen.

Stepping up when you're out of shape, out of camp, over weight and against a serious opponent is not going to get you anything but a no win bonus paycheck. People like Machida know this and are going for the long term money instead of taking the first pay day that comes their way.

Sometimes though you just need the money. We can't know the situations these guys get into but I doubt it was their first choice to take a fight with a couple weeks to go.

I've said a few times that Johnson cut was a bit harsh.. but it is what it is... If they take a fight on short notice and lose they could get their pink slip.

Now they know.

He didn't get cut for losing to Gunnar. He got cut for missing weight by 13 pounds. That's something a lot of people tend to forget. Joe Silva didn't force him to take the fight, he asked him at the expo. If you accept a fight, on however short of notice, you are still expected to make weight. 13 pounds over is never okay.

what the heck are you talking about? are you sure you even watch fights?

this was a horrible performance? possibly one of the greatest slams in UFC history

2iszdia.gif

he finished mario miranda a 11-0 prospect, who went on to beat david loiseau, and close decisions with demian maia and aaron simpson?

This thread has some great posts. Reading because of Cormier-Cummins fight (short notice).

It would be much better if the UFC had a backup plan in place for injuries (i.e., a legit fight). You'd think by now they'd know injuries are common and quickly matched fights are often a steaming pile of stinking crap!

P.S. Lol @ Joe Silva grimmacing at The Slam.

Back