Takeya Mizugaki vs. Nam Phan at UFC FN 33 (Brisbane event)

Wtf kind of matchup is that? Mizugaki should be fighting someone in the top 15, maybe even have him fight a top 10 guy again.

Wonder if the Asian will lose a controversial decision?

I hope Nam Phan stays around forever. He is like Clay Guida - whenever he loses, its always entertaining to watch.

Guida's loss to Maynard is the furthest thing from entertaining that i can think of

WTF is this crap? Miz beats two prospects... Caraway was on a 2 fight UFC win streak and Perez was on a 3 fight UFC win streak.... and now you give him Phan who absolutely got destroyed in his last fight? This is just idiotic matchmaking, it's like the rationale behind this was, "Hey, lets have an all Asian fight for the hell of it"

Yeah questionable matchmaking but it's a fun fight. Each known for their boxing. Mizugaki should be too much for Nam.

WTF is this crap? Miz beats two prospects... Caraway was on a 2 fight UFC win streak and Perez was on a 3 fight UFC win streak.... and now you give him Phan who absolutely got destroyed in his last fight? This is just idiotic matchmaking, it's like the rationale behind this was, "Hey, lets have an all Asian fight for the hell of it"

Again, they're just trying to get Mizugaki a fight contractually.

Does everyone forget that Mizugaki traded wins and losses for three years before his current streak? His fans should be happy for him to get as many build up fights as possible. I know I am.

Damon Martin, who broke the fight, suggested on twitter that they're just trying to fulfill a contract obligation to Mizugaki. Basically just giving him a fight by the end of the year because they have to. Not like Mizugaki is gonna turn down an easy-ish touch.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Good think that Mizugaki's trying to stay active, despite huge amounts of card these days a lot of guys are fighting rather rarely... :(

surprised to see mizugaki fighting phan. i like both guys, but i think mizugaki wins this one pretty comfortably.

Interesting fight in my opinion. Mizugaki should take it by being more active but watch out for Phan's boxing.

Saw this and didn't understand the matchmaking much. Miz has won 4 of his last 5 while Phan has lost 3 of his past 5. Should be an entertaining fight though, I got Miz via decision.

Phan is gonna need to predict himself to lose in order to win.

Sean Shelby is getting worst everyday. But I'm glad Nam is dropping to 135. Would have done something like:
Takeya Mizugaki vs. Alex Caceres or Eddie Wineland
Nam Phan vs. Vaughan Lee or Hugo Viana

It's tradition for December to be a terrible month for Nam in the UFC.

2010- Victim of a decision that some use as the gold standard for robberies.
2011- Gets 30-25, 20-25, 20-26'd by Hettes.
2012- Gets 30-26, 30-25, 30-24'd by Siver.

Back