Takedowns with one hand?

Machida hits these really cool trips and sweeps fairly often. They may work:

lyotothrow.gif

Machida hits these really cool trips and sweeps fairly often. They may work:

lyotothrow.gif

That's a kenjit in Indonesian Silat. I am not familiar with the Japanese term. Many other martial arts have it as well. The problem in bjj and wrestling is to get them upright.

I think o-goshi should be doable. Uchi-mata with belt grip.

low singles and leg reaps. Leg reaps dont even require one hand; low singles only one hand.

That's a kenjit in Indonesian Silat. I am not familiar with the Japanese term. Many other martial arts have it as well. The problem in bjj and wrestling is to get them upright.

It's look likes a Kosoto gari/gake in judo but the arms are very JJJ style, not something you see in judo.

Uchi mata with a whizzer grip might work for you.

They'll be able to post on their arm a lot of the time but if you go into them a little you'll still land on top. Never tried it personally but I've seen it done.

Actually, I'm sure Tim Boetsch has hit it before.

I hit this all the time as a counter to singles.

This is a hard question. I can't think of any takedown that I use which I could legitimately hit with one arm. Off the top of my head I'm thinking that maybe I would use my arm to pummel for an underhook, and use that to try for a duck under or work my way around to the back and drag my opponent down, or use the underhook for some kind of trip? Maybe a single leg finished with a trip?

Uchi mata with a whizzer grip might work for you.

They'll be able to post on their arm a lot of the time but if you go into them a little you'll still land on top. Never tried it personally but I've seen it done.

Actually, I'm sure Tim Boetsch has hit it before.

qft.

Back