Take this information with a grain of salt.

"sir your sample had high levels of _____ but it was missing one molecule, you are free to go sir"

so I can just go??

55009244.jpg

"and might I add, that is one fine boy you are raising"

I don't know why some are being assholes toward him. <30>

It sounds plausible and I found it quite interesting even if lacking detail. You have to believe that a lot of this stuff is going on behind the scenes. Pretty eerie how well it might fit into some of the latest positive tests if true. I think the tests and athletes are always going to be locked in a back and forth battle.

This has been the case for a veeeery long time already. I'm not surprised that some people choose to stick their head in the sand and say "I don't believe it!". But to anyone with even basic knowledge in chemistry this is all very obvious.

They should start implementing retroactive testing using Mass Spectrometry, if they haven't already. That way, even unknown substances can be retroactively detected.

Imagine the fun we would have on these forums when huge stars get popped for PEDs over the duration of a 6+ fight streak.
Mass spectrometetry isn't the answer to everything.. you've been listening to victor too much. GC/irms is good for some things it's not a magic wand :)

But of course they retroactively test things when better method come along, what do you think we are seeing with the Olympic samples

Sounds plausible, and this has been an interesting thread to read through thus far.

I'm out of my depth when it comes to understanding the chemical processes and all that, but it's interesting stuff none the less.

Mass spectrometetry isn't the answer to everything.. you've been listening to victor too much. GC/irms is good for some things it's not a magic wand :)

But of course they retroactively test things when better method come along, what do you think we are seeing with the Olympic samples

But if i take ZMA will i start to look like Vitor Belfort?

We need to legalize steroids, we're grown up humans, ffs. And then we can have these big companies having PED divisions within them

We need clear 2, 3, 4

USADA + low PED limit would be the shit. Low test and epo limits. We would start from there
But we can't start if steroids aren't even legal in the first place

Right, so teens and uneducated individuals can do permanent damage to critical body systems.

Running even the most basic cycle safely involves administration of at least three carefully timed and regulated ancillary drugs, before/ during/ after bloodwork, and a lot of education. Even if done perfectly, you run serious risk.

The idea that steroids should be "legal" is ridiculous. Decriminalized and available under doctors supervision, perhaps.

10-20k on PEDs?

No thanks.

I'd rather spend my money on Pokemon Go. Those Pokemon aren't going to catch themsevles

#AmIRight?

Right, so teens and uneducated individuals can do permanent damage to critical body systems.

Running even the most basic cycle safely involves administration of at least three carefully timed and regulated ancillary drugs, before/ during/ after bloodwork, and a lot of education. Even if done perfectly, you run serious risk.

The idea that steroids should be "legal" is ridiculous. Decriminalized and available under doctors supervision, perhaps.
yeah, cause that's what would happen

you're like those guys that think (maybe you are) that if you legalize drugs there would be hordes of people like zombies on the streets, all addicted, with violence rampage from all those drug addicts

these exact things are going on right now (PED being rampage in the world), with legalization we would have a broader debate about them, a truthful debate, with what the actual risks are and what not

yeah, cause that's what would happen

you're like those guys that think (maybe you are) that if you legalize drugs there would be hordes of people like zombies on the streets, all addicted, with violence rampage from all those drug addicts

these exact things are going on right now (PED being rampage in the world), with legalization we would have a broader debate about them, a truthful debate, with what the actual risks are and what not

So are you going to argue that the legal status of steroids is not a barrier to entry - especially teens? And that health problems related to uneducated steroid use would go up if legalized?

The tests are simply getting better. Before a test wouldn't come up positive unless a certain number of nanograms registered in the test. It would be clean. Now they can find even the smallest amount of nanograms.

I love it.

One of the most interesting threads I've read here. Kudos to those involved in the discussion.

It took years to figure out what the "cyclists" were using, pun intended. There are PEDs that, at this time, are undetectable or at least not banned yet. There is no denying that.

The testing agencies are doing a pretty good job but at the higher levels there are certainly still PEDs or doping sneaking through.

Drug tests coming up positive for the wrong drug or something unnatural in the blood - this is a very new science playing catch up with the new drugs coming out every year.

So are you going to argue that the legal status of steroids is not a barrier to entry - especially teens? And that health problems related to uneducated steroid use would go up if legalized?
yes, but if you legalize for adults and start a campaign about telling exactly how steroids work, their potential risks and benefits, it wouldn't be a big deal
with legalization, we would get more people educated in the subject, and about the health problems, yes, some people would use irresponsibly, like it happens with everything, alcohol, garbage foods, tobacco and all that. it's just how life works
but I know, you will talk about how you don't want to pay for other people's irresponsibility, I agree with that. without socialized healthcare this wouldn't be a problem at all, or you could just change laws in a way that these addictions wouldn't be covered by socialized healthcare (although abolishing state healthcare would be way better)

yes, but if you legalize for adults and start a campaign about telling exactly how steroids work, their potential risks and benefits, it wouldn't be a big deal
with legalization, we would get more people educated in the subject, and about the health problems, yes, some people would use irresponsibly, like it happens with everything, alcohol, garbage foods, tobacco and all that. it's just how life works

That's a fair argument, and in this context we might see a very minimal or perhaps zero increase in issues. That's why I favor a decriminalization angle rather than outright "legalization"..

I frequent a steroid board, and on frequent occasion, we have 16-23 year old kids come on there talking about running a pretty robust cycle with essentially zero understanding of what they are doing, no preparations for side effects, no post cycle therapy, etc. At that underdeveloped age (hormone systems, growth plates, etc), they run serious risk for destroying their bodies natural testosterone production and losing the ability to have children. It's pretty sad.

Back