Social Take out Food or Delivery

MenacingQuaintHart-size_restricted.gif

I'm eating at rest a lot more than usual.

Chipotle was delivered.
Red Robin was takeout
KFC was drive thru
Local Chinese place was takeout three times for lunch.

The wife and I "prepaid" at our 3 usual go to local independent places. Meaning we gave them a lump sum and in the future we'll have prepaid tab.

Several of our friends did the same

When I eat out, it’s only from the small local joints now. Gotta support them, & hope they are still around when this shit ends someday.

Same here. I did pickup from the Chicken Pie Shop last night. A true San Diego gem.
Same, I did pickup from my favorite sushi place. It was insane though. We had a 2 hr+ wait time, and when we showed up there was a line of cars waiting for sushi takeout, stretching halfway around the damn block. Was nuts.

I'm eating at rest a lot more than usual.

Chipotle was delivered.
Red Robin was takeout
KFC was drive thru
Local Chinese place was takeout three times for lunch.
I think I might have gotten sick from some fast food yesterday, now my chest is burning

There was an article a month ago about white people using these delivery services and starting to use black sounding names after they found out there was a thing on social media about black delivery drivers spitting on the food if the people buying the food sound like they're white.

Commercials for Grub Hub, Burger King, Mc Donalds, Papa Johns...If this shit is so contagious, who the hell wants all these kitchen workers and delivery guys handling our food..They are willing to crush everything else because of social distancing, but breathing on our food is OK?

Cooking at home, packaged products is a much safer bet...shit doesn’t make sense..
The riskiest part of food delivery is the direct interaction with the delivery man. There is no evidence of transmission through food so far. The virus can not survive in our acidic stomachs. Breathing it into our airway is what's dangerous.
https://abc7chicago.com/health/coro...y-food-safety-amid-covid-19-pandemic/6063903/

For those who do order food, have the delivery person leave it outside at the door, wait until they leave and then get the food. Remove the food from the packaging and leave the packaging outside or throw it away immediately. Wipe the surfaces of the food containers, and lastly wash your hands.

There was an article a month ago about white people using these delivery services and starting to use black sounding names after they found out there was a thing on social media about black delivery drivers spitting on the food if the people buying the food sound like they're white.

Certain restaurants put a seal on the bag and you’ll know if your food has been messed with or not. I doubt chains do this though.

Blast it in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes (is overkill)

There's paper somewhere with exact figures, but basically - these viruses can't stand extreme heat.

The worker bringing the food is scarier. But paying with credit card beforehand cuts down a lot of that interaction.

Blast it in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes (is overkill)

There's paper somewhere with exact figures, but basically - these viruses can't stand extreme heat.

The worker bringing the food is scarier. But paying with credit card beforehand cuts down a lot of that interaction.
yeah but the problem is after they cook it one of the sick workers could cough or breath on it.

As a Canadian, I gotta say Im really hoping this thing kills Tim Hortons and their watered down piss coffee. Roll up the rim to addictive additives. I was drinking it often due to ease and quickness and additives. The spell is broken, youve been body checked Timmy. Patriot life.

Back