Take Machida vs Dan off 157 and card=Flop, Take Rusey vs Carmouch off 157 card=Succes

Even though I'm not a fan of wmma, I feel Rousey vs. Faber does deserve to headline because it is for the title. Even if I don't care about the title. I honestly think this event will do just fine though. I feel a lot of people will tune in out of curiosity. It all depends if Rousey or whoever dethrones her can consistently draw in viewers.

LIZ_CARMOUCHE.jpg

urijah faber disagrees

Honestly didn't think that the first female head-lined UFC event would cause this big a stink, regardless of who is fighting co-main. Machida is my favorite fighter, and I'm not upset about this. The only thing that bums me out is that I'm not sure if Lyoto gets a % of the draw like main event fighters do (or so I've heard)

And there's the correct answer. Neither Hendo vs Machida nor Carmouche vs Rousey is a proven "400k draw" event. The hope is that combined they can be something successful but the idea that one succeeds without the other is silly.

Probably this.

Cant do worse than Edgar vs Maynard 2 either. that did 250k with Jose Aldo vs Kenny Florian and Chael Sonnen on the card

According to the Rousey haters we shouldnt ever let Edgar headline a card either anymore. Since he cant even draw a picture

But she can in the UFC and thats all that matters

Clearly we need to abolish any weight classes below WW then.

I'd agree overall but I guess the UFC's thinking behind this is probabley that Rousey will attract in a different set of PPV buyers(most obviously a larger female audience) so it makes more sense to have her fight promoted more.

Hendo vs Machida is very much a hardcore MMA fan fight, it doesnt really need either guy to be massively hyped so won't suffer from being below the Rousey match on the card.

Any entertainment business is always looking for new customers, the 300-400K people who'll probabley buy for Hendo/Machida already stable customers, if Rousey can bring in say 100-200K new customers thats a good thing for them as some of them might buy other PPV's.

Dan can't draw. Hendo/Shogun did 250k buys.

If youre going to throw out numbers at least throw out correct numbers. That event did over 290K. Also Machida has alwasy done above 400K PPV buys for every card he has Main evented. This card would easily do 400K with Machida vs. Dan and with out the girls fighting. Without Machida and Dan this card will be lucky to do 200K.

Don't understand why people give that much of a shit about which order the main and comain are in.

It's a solid card and I want to see Dan vs Machida. Either way the fight is still on the card.

I cant wait til Rousey pulls 350k+ and shut up all the crybabies

Well no shit its going to do over 350K. Knock Knock, do you even have a brain? Dan vs. machida is fighting in that card genius.

people underestimate how much just curiosity will make people buy this card for the hell of it.
'
Add that to the fact that the media will be all over this event for good or bad. The first UFC women headline and fight ever? This will get alot of attention and draw casuals in for the curiosity factor. And then hardcores will buy for Machida vs Hendo and with all these factors I will be surprised if this does less than 350k

you see I would have bought all your bull crap if Dan vs. Machida wasnt on this card. But since they are on this card I aint buying what youre selling. you along with all the lemmings will claim this card did well and give alot of credit to Rusey, when all the credit should be giving to Dan and Machida.

Honestly didn't think that the first female head-lined UFC event would cause this big a stink, regardless of who is fighting co-main. Machida is my favorite fighter, and I'm not upset about this. The only thing that bums me out is that I'm not sure if Lyoto gets a % of the draw like main event fighters do (or so I've heard)

Don't understand why people give that much of a shit about which order the main and comain are in.

It's a solid card and I want to see Dan vs Machida. Either way the fight is still on the card.

Well part of the reason also is cause we dont know if Dan And Machida are going to get PPV money or Rusey's undeserving self is. There is no way she should get PPV money over Dan or Machida, FACT!!!

you see I would have bought all your bull crap if Dan vs. Machida wasnt on this card. But since they are on this card I aint buying what youre selling. you along with all the lemmings will claim this card did well and give alot of credit to Rusey, when all the credit should be giving to Dan and Machida.[/QUOTE]

i guess the only way to tell is to have the card on fox and check if the ratings drop after the co-main event

I'm hoping that Hendo Machida get injured so we can see how popular 157 really is.

What? I have to pay to watch chics fight now?

you guys aren't getting the big picture and that is the hendo machida fight is NOT gonna be a 5 rounder fight due to it not being the main event. this is really retarded. who cares about ronda and who the fuck is she fighting anyway?

Well part of the reason also is cause we dont know if Dan And Machida are going to get PPV money or Rusey's undeserving self is. There is no way she should get PPV money over Dan or Machida, FACT!!!

I won't see a single cent of that money. Why is that my business or concern?

I think it is pretty cool that Faber is coming out as the first transgender fighter in the UFC. Maybe he/she can finally bring in that niche LGBT crowd that is untapped.

Back