Take Machida vs Dan off 157 and card=Flop, Take Rusey vs Carmouch off 157 card=Succes

SilvaVsVera**

White Belt
Reaction score
still. So if you take the Machida vs. Dan match the card will fail badly. I would be surprised if it did over 200,000 buys. If you take Rusey vs. Carmoch off of that card and just have Machida vs. Dan headline that card will still do over 400,000 buys.

But since the UFC are using Dan and Machida to make it look like Rusey is a PPV main event fighter this card will do well but only cause of Dan and Machida.

Also the difference between Aldo getting a UFC belt right off the bat is that he atleast had earned it by fighting tough competition. Also the UFC moved a WHOLE division to the UFC. It did not only signed 3 fighters like the UFC did with this Womens division. Im pretty sure Dana nut riders are going to disagree with me or flame me.

at the end of the day man you preserve the prestige or illusion of prestige of the belt. every card where there's a title fight, a title fight will be the main event.

I think it's smart marketing. The first women's title fight will get a bunch of coverage and when the card does numbers due to Dan and machida, Dana will be able to sell number one contender fights in the women's division to fox as fx main events.

Dan can't draw. Hendo/Shogun did 250k buys.

Will people ever quit bitching over this? My God, I hope this fight ends in the first round so people will stop their whining about it not being five rounds....

Join the club TS anyone who has been around the sport long enough should be able to see that as plain as day. But the newly minted wmma fan base is all about the hype, they know nothing about wmma and its extreme lack of depth/talent.

I would gladly pay for UFC157 had they kept the chicks fight to the untelevised under card. That way the fans get to watch the fights they are looking forward to. Instead of being force fed a shitty fight as the main event.

Dan can't draw. Hendo/Shogun did 250k buys.

And there's the correct answer. Neither Hendo vs Machida nor Carmouche vs Rousey is a proven "400k draw" event. The hope is that combined they can be something successful but the idea that one succeeds without the other is silly.

still. So if you take the Machida vs. Dan match the card will fail badly. I would be surprised if it did over 200,000 buys. If you take Rusey vs. Carmoch off of that card and just have Machida vs. Dan headline that card will still do over 400,000 buys.

Also the difference between Aldo getting a UFC belt right off the bat is that he atleast had earned it by fighting tough competition.

L24cy.gif

I cant wait til Rousey pulls 350k+ and shut up all the crybabies

dude we all know this um did you think you were making a discovery

I cant wait til Rousey pulls 350k+ and shut up all the crybabies

If she pulls 350k on an all WMMA card, I'll eat my hat.

But, that won't ever happen because there isn't enough female fighters for one division, let alone multiple divisions that could vary and fill an entire event roster.

at the end of the day man you preserve the prestige or illusion of prestige of the belt. every card where there's a title fight, a title fight will be the main event.

one of the benefits of doing so, is that you draw instant attention to things that people may not care about

like FLW and women's fighting - but if its a title fight, it makes a bigger difference

ufc invested in the brand of the belt

I doubt it does any worse than Bendo/Edgar 2.

Cant do worse than Edgar vs Maynard 2 either. that did 250k with Jose Aldo vs Kenny Florian and Chael Sonnen on the card

According to the Rousey haters we shouldnt ever let Edgar headline a card either anymore. Since he cant even draw a picture

But, that won't ever happen because there isn't enough female fighters for one division, let alone multiple divisions that could vary and fill an entire event roster.

But she can in the UFC and thats all that matters

If that happens it will be a funny day.

people underestimate how much just curiosity will make people buy this card for the hell of it.
'
Add that to the fact that the media will be all over this event for good or bad. The first UFC women headline and fight ever? This will get alot of attention and draw casuals in for the curiosity factor. And then hardcores will buy for Machida vs Hendo and with all these factors I will be surprised if this does less than 350k

Could a all LW, FW, BW card do more than 350k ppvs. Besides Penn...the champions of those divisions (Bendo Edgar Aldo Cruz) have not been able to do more than 350k buys headlining. I guess Aldo vs Edgar will end that streak.

Back