Take Down or Throw of the Night Award

I like the move of the night idea that was brought up in this thread.
Flashy kicks, awesome throws, big-ass slams, should be rewarded.

I believe tapping to strikes qualifies as a TKO

If you had a TD award, every fight would look like Kabib vs Trujillo, with fighters hoping that the volume of throws gets them the award

a bunch of throws and slams in a fight is exciting. Laying on people or holding them against the fence without doing anything is boring.

Nah.....he have a few "of the nights" already..

Although I wouldnt mind them doing a "highlight of the night" may not be a specific KO or sub.....but a cool move or takedown or sub attempt.

Then you'd might as well add:

Combination of the night, Reversal of the night, Missed huge flashy strike of the night

good idea there should be other awards like knee to the face of the night or loudest leg kick of the night as well

Why? Because nobody liked your idea?

I thought more people would like it than they did. Several people were intrigued and it brought up good discussion. I know the crowd cheers when their is a big slam or surprising throw. I don't think that if they did give this award that there would be any complaints. I also liked the Move of the Night idea...criteria being something other than KO of the Night or Sub of the Night. Any more awards and incentives to make fighters fight harder I'm all for. Go for the throw. Go for the slam. Go for the Sub. Go for the KO. Go for Fight of the Night.

I'd rather see a Beatdown of the night award tbh.

How about jab of the night? :/

Performance of the night would be good.

Guard Pass = Take Down

er, Takedowns are OVERRATED.... Advancing Positions on the ground is underrated

Knockouts and submissions are different kinds of finishes. TDs don't finish people

Could be an interesting idea for sure .... or even something like technique of the night or move of the night or something, which could include flashy-type of stuff like spinning wheel kicks or capoeira techniques
I think 'move of the night' would be a great idea.

Back