Takanori Gomi in Prime now vs top number 1 contender

What good fighters did Ishida, Ralph, Kawajiri, and even Sakuria beat? Inform me

Aoki, Pulver, Trigg, Yves Edwards, Uno, Melendez ...some of these guys are remembered through rose tinted spectacles for sure but you can't really deny they were decent fighters (except Ralph who never really fought anyone that impressive)

Number 1 contender in lightweight is Poirer.
Number 1 contender in featherweight is Volk.

Gomi would have smashed these guys. Just a thought. I think Gomi hits harder, and would have smashed these guys. Just reminiscing. Its crazy how Guida has wins over Gomi AND BJ. Who wouldve thought

PRIDE NEVER DIES

Never rated Gomi. The guy barely, if that, won a striking competition against Marcus Aurelio, was getting worked by Sakurai (no shame, Sakurai was an awesome fighter), was even getting beat by Luiz Azeredo - Porier would merk him, Diaz did merk him.

Gomi is a shadow of his former self and it's hard for newbs to imagine his prime. His feud with chute boxe was epic. Him vs Kid was the pride vs k1 everyone wanted

Prime Gomi is overrated as fuck.

I am going to be that guy. In Gomi's prime he beat Sakurai, Pulver, and that's about it.

He was a can crusher and when he did face a top fighter in BJ Penn he got beaten easily.
Means ya didnt watch the fight.

BJ won the 1st Rd vs Gomi, then realistically lost the 2nd Rd & the momentum (with Gomi stuffind TDs and connecting with jabz).. Then BJ took him down pretty quickly in the 3rd and got the RNC

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-penn-the-frontrunner.3925599/#post-149993595

And he only beat Sakurai & Pulver? Really?

Back