Taijutsu

teamventure09

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
A friend on mine has a son who does Taijutsu.

Apparently it is a self defense style that teaches you to deal with multiple attackers.

Is it just watered down grappling and striking?

Would like to hear peoples thoughts.

A friend on mine has a son who does Taijutsu.

Apparently it is a self defense style that teaches you to deal with multiple attackers.

Is it just watered down grappling and striking?

Would like to hear peoples thoughts.

Whatever martial art that claims to train you to deal with multiple opponents is full of shut....

I tried to get his son interested in bjj. To no avail. But this dude and his family have beastly genetics. Maybe he'll come around.

FWL1.gif

You mean Ninjutsu right? As in Bujinkan budo Taijutsu, the martial art popularized as ninjutsu. Very rare to see a MA calling itself Taijutsu unless it has ninjutsu roots or is something made up by a modern guy.

Get hold of the Ninja episode of the show The Human Weapon. Basic tool for converting someone out of ninjutsu.

That's the basic problem with ninjutsu. Many of their fighting guards/stances have their lead hand near chin level, yet they teach their blocks as having to wind up, meaning from chin level their hand has to drop down then whip up afterwards. Stupid and dangerous if you ask me.

Even AKBAN, the Israeli ninjutsu organization currently known as the most hardcore of the ninja bunch (they spar and stuff) don't use this fundamental and commonly taught technique when they spar/fight.

As Matthew Mcconaughey would say; "Looks bad, Real bad."

Last edited:
Nope. I've trained it with some serious, hombu dojo connected guys while I was in college- its all BS. I could go into much greater detail- but the cliffnotes version are- it's all BS. Ninja larping.

Now, if somebody knows that- and still wants to train it anyway, as an "art"- I won't judge them. I study a stick fighting art that I mostly enjoy for the lock flows and combinations, which are not very practical to stick fighting but still highly enjoyable to me. It's cool as shit to see how everything comes together (Modern Arnis). However- I don't delude myself to believe I can take on 5 people wielding sticks and knives.

Nope. I've trained it with some serious, hombu dojo connected guys while I was in college- its all BS. I could go into much greater detail- but the cliffnotes version are- it's all BS. Ninja larping.

Now, if somebody knows that- and still wants to train it anyway, as an "art"- I won't judge them. I study a stick fighting art that I mostly enjoy for the lock flows and combinations, which are not very practical to stick fighting but still highly enjoyable to me. It's cool as shit to see how everything comes together (Modern Arnis). However- I don't delude myself to believe I can take on 5 people wielding sticks and knives.

Yes, I also make no judgement to people doing certain TMA as long as they are doing it for personal development and know that for fighting useless.

I've started studying Iaido recently. I've heard even high ranking folks in it clearly state "this is for personal development". Wish more TMA would be more like that.

Although oddly I'd say sword fighting is better self defense than wing Chun (granted you have a sword on you) LOLOL

I went in to watch my friends son train. This is the type of stuff they were doing.

After the kid gets his black belt soon it will be good timing to get him into something new like bjj. The kid is tough enough to handle something realistic.
Wish me luck.

Holy shit... is people still falling for that shit?

I liked the part where the guy had him in the body lock from the rear and it patted the guys hands like 4 times, as if that would prevent you from getting suplexed to hell.

I liked the part where the guy had him in the body lock from the rear and it patted the guys hands like 4 times, as if that would prevent you from getting suplexed to hell.
He follows that by grinding on the guy in an obscene fashion. We may be misinterpreting what we're watching.

I went in to watch my friends son train. This is the type of stuff they were doing.

you need to sue ths mother fucker, stealng money from people, plus could end up hurting on of hs students who actually buy his ninja crap.

you need to sue ths mother fucker, stealng money from people, plus could end up hurting on of hs students who actually buy his ninja crap.

There is hope for the kid. I'll try to reason with his dad and see if we can eventually get him on the mat.

Holy shit... is people still falling for that shit?

That's what happens when people are not exposed to the realities of full contact, especially the instructor. It only takes one student to strike for real and connect then the whole shebang crumbles apart.

Highly possible that the group is not mainstream bujinkan hombu (headquarters) affiliated. Probably its offshoots, toshindo, etc.

Back