News Tai Tuivasa vs Greg Hardy likely to serve as the co-main event for Poirier/McGregor 3: Yay or Nay?

Should Tuivasa vs Hardy be the co-main event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kinda whatever - Like the card tho.

Link here: https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-264

O'Malley and Kevin Lee's fights will be on the prelims.
Also the Price vs Pereira fight, which I expected to be the opener for the main card.
Wonderboy vs Burns imo should be the co-main event.

Your thoughts?

842274834_264_TMA_Website_1320x560_Alt-c6273dec18.jpg

Its main card good but to put it as a co main….

Co-main? That's a featured bout of the undercard or first fight of the PPV type fight IMO.

There are gonna be a lot of eyes on this card due to the main event. It's going to sell, period. If the UFC is smart, they load this card with promising fighters who don't have big followings yet.

Bout orders have been a mess for a while. Thompson vs. Burns is a way better fight. This is how you make what could be a solid main card look weak. Here’s how I would do it.

Poirier vs. McGregor
Burns vs. Thompson
O’Malley vs. Smolka
Tuivasa vs. Hardy
Pereira vs. Price

Lee vs. Brady
Kunitskaya vs. Aldana
Condit vs. Griffin
Hall vs. Topuria

Eye vs. Maia
Ahkmedov vs. Tavares
Du Plessis vs. Giles
Zhumagulov vs. Rivera
Amedovski vs. Yaozong

Last edited:
Thats not a good card compared to past July cards. Conor is enough for fans to buy the card but still

That can't be right. Burns / Thompson has legit title contention ramifications. Plus Lee Brady is a banger. And they are obviously trying to build O'Malley as prospect and possible star.

They don't need to sell the prelims with conor headlining the main event. Drop the WMMA fight to fight pass and give us a stacked main

Over Burns and Wonderboy? That’s just deliberately offensive

O’Malley their hype job as a featured prelim for free exposure makes sense

<{clintugh}>

What’s the logic behind this? You want to open the main card with a fire fight to give a good first impression to new fans who will be buying the PPV and end it strong. Aldana and Kunitskaya will be a boring decision fight, I could understand having someone like Joanna who is exciting for WMMA but this is just meh.

This is how the main card should really look:

Poirier vs McGregor 3
Wonderboy vs Burns
O’Malley vs Smolka
Tuivasa vs Hardy
Price vs Pereira

The ufc website is trash, I highly doubt that's the bout order. But I'm the bout order will end up being bad anyways.

It could actually look like a great card if ordered correctly:

Poirier vs Conor 3
Burns vs Wonderboy
Lee vs Brady
O'Malley vs Smolka
Pereira vs Price

Tuivasa vs Hardy
Maia vs Eye
Topuria vs Hall
Tavares vs Akhmedov

Why not make Burns - Wonderboy as co-main instead? They are far more popular than these two.

The fuck??

Burns-Thompson is clearly the co-main.

Bout orders have been a mess for a while. Thompson vs. Burns is a way better fight. This is how you make what could be a solid main card look weak. Here’s how I would do it.

Poirier vs. McGregor
Burns vs. Thompson
O’Malley vs. Smolka
Tuivasa vs. Hardy
Pereira vs. Price

Lee vs. Brady
Kunitskaya vs. Aldana
Condit vs. Griffin
Hall vs. Topuria

Eye vs. Maia
Ahkmedov vs. Tavares
Du Plessis vs. Giles
Zhumagulov vs. Rivera
Amedovski vs. Yaozong

They always try to put an exciting match up as the featured bout of the undercard to entice fence sitters to order the PPV.

Honestly, since you're not getting PPV points unless you're the champ anyway, you're probably better off in that slot than low on the PPV portion of the card.

Interesting fight but earlier in the card. Unless Hardy or Tai have made some serious improvements.

Me no likey but they fill Conor cards with a lot of ... not as highly regarded folk...shall I say.

awful fight. hardy should have been cut months ago

Where is this fake news coming from? I trust Tapology more and their card reads differently.

Should be a banger. But not co main worthy. I don't think Condit should be on the main either. He's a prelim guy at this point.

Ew that card sucks. Burns vs Thompson is the only other good fight and should be the real co-main.

Back