Tai Tuivasa v Walt Harris for UFC 267

TankAbbott4Eva

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Good fight for Tai 2.0 I think, hoping he can keep things going, he's putting together a bit of a run here.

The Greg Hardy fight overall couldn't have gone much better in terms of providing entertainment but he really did risk getting knocked out, Harris has heavy hands but is experiencing a skid.

\https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/07/ufc-267-news-fight-card-tai-tuivasa-vs-walt-harris

Obligatory

giphy.gif

Doesn't make sense. One fighter is going up one going down. Unless they figured they wanted Walt to be guaranteed a standup fight.

Walt is dangerous as hell standing. He could easily win this fight.

Doesn't make sense. One fighter is going up one going down. Unless they figured they wanted Walt to be guaranteed a standup fight.
Makes total sense, Walt has been a decent gatekeeper and Tai has more or less been at that same level, time to see who's ready for the elite.

Someone is going down early or it will be Kimbo vs Dada 2.0.

Tai was absolutely electric @ UFC 264. Hope he keeps it going. And that hot sauce guy needs to be found and KO'ed by BAM BAM!!

Should be fun. Let em bang!

Walt onna 3 fight ko loss streak and tai onna 3 fight ko win streak. Walt is technically higher in rankings as of now but this fight absolutely makes no sense. I feel this is the end for Walt unfortunately.

I’m glad to see Tai is being smart by riding his momentum and staying active, hopefully he continues to give us exciting fights to look forward to... I honestly haven’t given up on seeing Tuivasa eventually becoming a contender, he turned 28 and for all intensive purposes is now just entering his prime, his chin is still legit, he keeps improving, and is now on a 3 fight win streak. Add all those variables together coupled with the fact that most of the ranked HW’s are ancient and Tuivasa has longevity on his side to do great things and prosper. I’m by no means an expert to judge where his ceiling is at, but Tai definitely isn’t the bum that Sherdog makes his out to be... anyway for a fighter having time on your side due to limited competitive window is a huge asset, possibly the biggest upside because he’s just entering his prime, as a fighter who’s ranked around #25 in the world IIRC

Walt onna 3 fight ko loss streak and tai onna 3 fight ko win streak. Walt is technically higher in rankings as of now but this fight absolutely makes no sense. I feel this is the end for Walt unfortunately.
Agree. Poor Walt is going to lose unfortunately. Tai should be fighting Tybura

Good fight Harris and Tai have bad ground games but their striking isn't bad. Should be a good stand up fight. I think Tai takes it via hand speed but wouldn't be surprised if Harris won.

Weird match up in that one is 3-0 in their last three and the other 0-3 in their last three but Harris was fighting much higher ranked guys.

Good fight Harris and Tai have bad ground games but their striking isn't bad. Should be a good stand up fight. I think Tai takes it via hand speed but wouldn't be surprised if Harris won.

Weird match up in that one is 3-0 in their last three and the other 0-3 in their last three but Harris was fighting much higher ranked guys.
Several posts have mentioned the 0-3 vs 3-0.

At a certain point doesn't the 0-3 guy have to defend his spot in the rankings to prove he is actually better than the 3-0 guy ranked below him?

Back