Tai Kai, anybody ever hear of them

Mike O'Neil

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Has anybody ever heard of or have any experiences with tai kai bjj. They have a school in newark de and one in ny. I start training there mon, so if you guys have any info or if anybody trains there could give me a heads up that would be awesome.

Yep , I've seen some their guys at NAGA tournaments in New England . Ken Kronenburg (Not sure of Spelling ) was The Comp team leader ( Not sure if he was their teacher as well ?) They did as well as any other school .... Ken has done a bunch of super fights and the like .. And I think he can be seen in some of the Grappler Quest DVDs as well as The ADCC trails (American version ) .. I hope this helps ...

Yeah ken runs the school in syarcuse along with jordan damon who is i think 6-0 now. Scott Schultz runs the school in newark. Does anybody know anything about him?

I've rolled with some of their guys and they're pretty good. I'd train there if that was near my house.

They have a good rep. They also train with Team Ballance. Their MMA fighters place strong at many local shows as I understand it. One of my guys went up against a Tai Kai/Ballance fighter at sportfighting on Dec 10. The Tai Kai guy (Corey LaPlant) won by decision (well deserved). Very good team, well trained. All three of their guys on the card won that night. Don't underestimate the standup game from these guys. They all were honorable and cool when we hung backstage after the fights. Good group of well trained guys.

Cool man were these the guys from the de or the ny school. I had my first class 2nite and all i can is it was awesome and scott schultz is awesome.

Does anyone have a link to their website? I tried searching google for Tai Kai new york but nothing relevant showed up.

Go to TeamBalance.com and then go to the associations page, its in there.

TAI Kai Jiu Jitsu
680 Old Liverpool Rd
Liverpool, NY 13088
(315) 395-0910

Here

There sight has been down 4awhile. I train at the de school. Jordan damon is one of the head trainers at the ny school. I think he is 6-0 in mma and he has a brown belt. His site is jordandamon.com. So does anybody know about the mma in the de school. Prob gona do a couple weeks of jitsu be4 I start

I've been looking at them for a while, as it's the closest BJJ dojo around Auburn. I actually had an e-mail/phone correspondence with Ken, but even though it's the closest, it's still a good 40-45 minutes away. With gas prices nowadays, that = not gonna' happen right now. Maybe eventually. Anyway, I'm starting judo at CCC with Pete Petrosino. But, maybe Tai Kai is in my future at some point.

Yeah I drive about 45-hr each way to the school in newark. So far I can say its worth it and scott gave me a huge price break cause I brought a couple of friends in and gotta drive so far

Yeah, maybe I can work something out, too. How often do you go per week? I'm afraid I may only be able to go twice a week.

Im going 2 to 3times a week now until I start taking the mma classes and get a set schedule down 4myself. Then it will be bjj-mon mma-wed bjj-fri. Two times a weeks is good though man. From what they have told me they dont really want you to train more then 3times a week anyway

Back