Tai Chi

Do they do a lot of ground work or is it mostly throws like in Judo????

No ground fighting, the training consists of,warm ups,break falls, patnered application practice,two forms of sparring,solo forms drills and traditional and modern streght training.

Tai chi is mostly a grappling martial art actually.

No ground fighting, the training consists of,warm ups,break falls, patnered application practice,two forms of sparring,solo forms drills and traditional and modern streght training.

Right on I was curious since I do Wing Chun & BJJ
Thanks

Anything can be deadly. You could probably make someone choke on the yellow pages, couldn't you?

Bruce Lee was right all along. There is no one style that "works" for everyone. Bottom line is that the human body is the ultimate weapon. It's up to that individual to train their body's with techniques that gives them an advantage. In combat terms, thats what a martial artist does. You can't say "well i train in X, and it will always beat Y"

Doesn't work like that.

It's up to that individual to train their body's with techniques that gives them an advantage. In combat terms, thats what a martial artist does. You can't say "well i train in X, and it will always beat Y"

Doesn't work like that.

But isn't that what Bruce Lee said to do? Kick the boxer, grapple the kicker, box the grappler?

tai chi is under estimated, people thinks its now a martial art, but it is the basis of dim mak. it is lethal

Taiji Quan is mostly wrestling with a little bit of striking....

You can learn better elsewhere.

Once upon a time in China, hundreds of years ago, villagers and some imperial guards probably used it to fight. They might not have even called it Taiji, but who knows.

However, today you're better off just enrolling in a MMA school.

Back